Can't Install SU 2018 Trial

I have been using Make 2017 for awhile now, having converted from the SU 2017 trial version, with absolutely no problems on an ASUS 64-bit PC with AMD Radeon HD 7560D graphics. I am trying to download and install SU 2018.

When I first went to download it, the site took me to a page that states Let’s Find the Right SketchUp for You, and then asks for information. No matter what I enter, it takes me to SketchUp Free, which I have tried and do not want. I changed browser from Edge to Firefox and was able to download the Pro trial, but now I get an message saying an error occurred in PreBootstrapper (could not run setup.exe).

I have run the installer as an administrator, updated my graphics driver, turned off antivirus all to no avail. When I run SketchUp 2018 Checker, I get the following summary:

Error: Something went wrong while retrieving the system information from your computer. This may cause tests regarding System RAM, Windows version and/or graphics card memory to fail.
Error: System RAM information is missing.
Error: Windows version information is missing.
Error: Graphics card information is missing.
Success: Graphics card OpenGL requirement has been met!
Success: Graphics card Hardware Acceleration requirement has been met!

Attached is my log file. Help!

SketchUpLog.sulog (3.5 KB)

I guess they don’t want me to be able to purchase a full license …

Have you Googled “SketchUp PreBootstrapper Error”? I don’t have time to find it right now, but once when I had this problem, I’m pretty sure I found instructions for deleting some hidden file from a previous install that was hindering. I think it was in [C:]/ProgramData/SketchUp/[applicable version] but I’m not sure and I don’t want to be responsible for further damage. :slight_smile::neutral_face:

I had searched what I thought was everything. In the one you mentioned, there was a suggestion to download and install the .msi version from the SU Help Center and that appears to have worked.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.