Problems installing SketchUp Make

I can’t install SketchUp Make. The first part of the install goes OK but as soon as the second part begins it crashes. I get a error message :

An error occurred while installing SketchUp Make 2015-64-bit (English). Setup cannot continue until all system components have been successfully installed.
Component Microsoft .Net Framework 4 (x86 and x64) has failed to install with the following error message :
“A failure occurred attempting to install the .Net Framework 4 Full”
The following components failed to install : Microsoft .Net Framework 4 (x86 and x64).
See the setup log file located at C:\Users\Philip\AppData\Local\Temp\VSD7308.tmp\install.log for more information.

There is no file at the location.

Mean anything to anyone??

Do you have an internet connection while installing? The NET framework may need to download additional files. You can try to download the mentioned framework directly from Microsoft and install it before you start the SketchUp installation and see if this helps otherwise.

Cotty

Thanks for this

I’ve just tried downloading the framework from Microsoft and got this error message

OS Version = 6.1.7601, Platform 2, Service Pack 1
OS Description = Windows 7 - x64 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1
CommandLine = C:\cd2c743528710f0ed3cb11789cc6\Setup.exe /x86 /x64 /ia64 /web
TimeZone = GMT Standard Time
Initial LCID = 1033
Using Simultaneous Download and Install mechanism
Operation: Installing
Package Name = Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup
Package Version = 4.0.30319
User Experience Data Collection Policy: AlwaysUploaded
Number of applicable items: 11
Exe (C:\cd2c743528710f0ed3cb11789cc6\SetupUtility.exe) succeeded.
Exe Log File: dd_SetupUtility.txt
ServiceControl operation succeeded!
Exe (C:\Users\Philip\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Setup_4.0.30319\Windows6.1-KB958488-v6001-x64.msu) failed with 0x424 - The specified service does not exist as an installed service. .
Final Result: Installation failed with error code: (0x00000424), "The specified service does not exist as an installed service. " (Elapsed time: 0 00:00:13).

Any ideas??

You are using the web installer.

Make sure you have done all other pending Windows Updates.

From some posts on MS website, ppl have issues (updating .NET) when they turn off Automatic Updates, and are way behind manually doing the updates.

So do all updates and reboot the computer regardless of whether it says you need to.

Then you can go and download the standalone .NET 4 Installer:

And retry.

I’m having problems downloading SketchUp. It won’t let me choose Chromebook OS. I don’t want to have to buy another laptop after my Windows OS laptop crashed and I bought a Google Chromebook expecting to be able to use Google SketchUp. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dan

I have auto updates set but have no update history and when I check for updates I get a message saying “Windows Update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer”. This makes no difference. Any ideas?

Phil

Yes Phil, you will need to get the Updater fixed first.

I’d run a anti-malware scan from malwarebytes.org, because some trojans will mess with the Update Service prevent you from rolling back to restore points before they installed themselves.

Perhaps even a full system scan by your favorite AV application.

To restart a service, open the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL or
Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Performance Information and Tools > Advanced Tools > Open Task Manager )
Switch to the “Services” panel.
Click on the Description column.
Then scroll down till you see “Windows Update” in the description.
Hilite that service, right-click the mouse and choose “Start Service” from the popup mouse menu.

If it continues to not start on boot, you can go thru the MMC “Services” panel. Bring it up by clicking the “Services…” button on the lower-right of the “Services” panel of the Task Manager.

Then in the Services MMC applet…
Scroll down to “Windows Update” hilight it, right-click and choose properties.
The “Startup type:” should be “Automatic (Delayed Start)”

Otherwise do a search at the microsoft technet site, or knowledge base.

[quote=“techprep2, post:5, topic:3962, full:true”]
I’m having problems downloading SketchUp. It won’t let me choose Chromebook OS. [/quote]
Perhaps because SketchUp has ALWAYS only come in two platform editions,… MS Windows and Apple OSX.

You’ve made a poor assumption. Firstly,… Google sold SketchUp to Trimble Navigation, Ltd. over two years ago.

There are some cloud based modeling applets just starting to come out.
This is what you’ll need with a browser based OS like ChromeOS.

What made you expect that? Sketchup only works on Windows and MacOS. And it no longer (about two years) has anything to do with Google. The three latest SketchUp versions have been released by Trimble.

Anssi

1 Like

additionally a Chromebook is made for surfing or using web apps but typically to slow and limited (no decent graphics accelerator) for running a 3D modeler requiring an OpenGL-based 3D display output.

more infos here.

Thanks, again, Dan

I downloaded and ran the malware product and it found and quarantined several items. However, Windows Update doesn’t appear in my Services list in either Task Manager or MMC so I can’t ‘start’ it in the way you describe.I’ll think I’ll give up at this stage.

Hmmm… this could be a job for a professional.

IF you have access to retail Windows 7 CD, you could run the Installer in Repair mode. (It doesn’t need to be the CD from your machine. I used a Retail Pro CD to repair my OEM Home Premium installation.)

Also… it helps to run those malware scans several times, and reboot between scans. Some of those trojans are nasty and reinstall themselves again.

I am having problems installing sketch-up and this happened

@holmesferonton, what is your OS? XP or Vista?

@holmesferonton Please enter your Operating System in your profile.

The install log indicates your OS is Windows version 6.0.2, which would be Vista.
The latest SketchUp Make version that can run on Windows Vista, is SketchUp Make version 2014:
Ref: SketchUp Hardware and software requirements

To download SketchUp Make 2014:
See: SketchUp Make 2014 Download Links (provided here)

And it will help us help you, if you also enter your Graphics information in your forum profile.
See: Where to find Hardware Graphics Info for your SketchUp forum profile

A post was split to a new topic: Problem installing SketchUp

Problems on installing Sketchup. Received this error message can someone help me

IMG-20200818-WA0006

Are you installing by right-clicking on the installer file and selecting “Run as administrator” from the menu?
Did you download the installer from the SketchUp webpage?