I cannot open my file "this does not appear to be a sketchup model"

I’m having trouble opening the sketchup file.
“this does not appear to be a sketchup model” what do I have to do ?
masterplan BTSS.skp (2.2 MB)

1 Like

@colin please help me, thanks

That file seems to be an Excel file, or something else that has xls files embedded in it.

This is the bakcup file that I have changed the format to. but when I open it, a splat bug notification appears.
this file ini this link :

That is a SketchUp file, but some data inside of it is corrupt.

I will ask a developer to look at the file.

thank you Mr. Colin

mr.colin, is there any latest solution about my file ?

The developer who is most expert about this is currently in a different time zone, and may not have seen my bug report. At the moment it’s late evening, hopefully he will see the report when he starts work in the morning.

The developer did look at the file, and unfortunately the data that was corrupted stopped him from being able to recover the model.

If you ever do something and then the model is corrupted after that particular action, please let me know what it was that you had done. For a different kind of corruption we did recently find a significant clue, but that’s a corruption that is different to your case.

Here is as much as the developer could recover. You will see that the scene is empty, but if you look in the Components panel you may find some components that you can rebuild the scene from.

masterplan BTSS (partial recovery).skp (15.6 MB)

thank you so much Mr. Colin

i have the same problem Mr. Colin. Could you please help me?
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/d6e9c6067c48b9160443a5aca8ca933c20220811205453/17dd12

I’m having trouble opening the sketchup file.
“this does not appear to be a sketchup model” what do I have to do ?

@collin please help.
this is link

@colin help me . Thx b4.

One post is enough.

Almost all of the file is filled with zeroes. It’s hard to tell if it ever was a SketchUp file, but it isn’t now.

Look in the same folder to see if there is an SKB version of the same model.

I’m having the same problem. My files were wiped from HDD and after I recovered them, it says “This does not appear to be a sketchup model” every time I try to open them. Please look into the file, I need it to make a portfolio for university application.

I don’t know what kind of file that is, but it isn’t a SketchUp file. It seems to be almost random data.

My files can’t be recovered then? Changing the file format of SKB files does not work either.

It would be worth showing me the SKB file. The SKP you gave really is just a chunk of your hard drive data, that isn’t a recognizable file, but the SKB may be correct.