Hotkeys help (shortcuts) - SketchUp Pro 2018

I’m new to SketchUp and I just downloaded the 2018 version, but there doesn’t seem to be any shortcuts attached to the tool functions. I’ve looked into the shortcuts (Windows → Preferences → Shortcuts) and can see that there are no shortcuts attached to any of the functions. I’ve also seen the complete list of shortcuts via Complete List of Keyboard Shortcuts in the PDF I downloaded, however…

I was wondering if there is something wrong with my version (Sketchup Pro 2018) because there were no attached shortcuts to any of the functions in the first place?

I’m also wondering if there is a file with all the shortcuts (in the file format (*.dat)) so I may import the shortcuts manually rather then having to input all the shortcuts by typing them in each function.

You can try the reset function, that should bring you back all the standard shortcuts…

1 Like

More likely a problem with the way it was installed. When you install Sketchup on Windows, you must right click on the installer and use Run as administrator. If you just double click on the installer or click Run it won’t get installed correctly and you can have a number of different problems. We’ve seen this missing shortcuts thing before when users didn’t install it correctly.

Find the installer now and repair the installation with Run as administrator from the Context menu to make sure it is installed correctly. You may find that the shortcuts have returned.

1 Like

Following. Because even my shortcuts were missing!

I don’t actually remember if I just added them back in manually or what. Right now They are mostly there. My S for Scale and P for Push-Pull still aren’t working, but I can add those back in manually. I definitely didn’t install SketchUp as an admin.

1 Like

Resetting the keyboard shortcuts worked for me.

I have the same problem, but in SketchUp Free 2018. Obviously not an installation issue since it’s web based. I’m using Google Chrome Version 64.0.3282.140 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Mac running High Sierra Version 10.13.1. Some keyboard shortcuts do work (Copy and Paste for example) but not any of the shortcuts for the tools.

Lack of shortcuts and lack of 3D Connexion SpaceMouse support is going to send me back to SU 2017 :-/

no shortcuts in free yet…and btw this thread is about SU pro 2018.

@mics_54 and @laurie.harper.ca Do you mean custom shortcuts or regular ones in Free? My default keyboard shortcuts work fine in the Free version. When I hit the “R” key, it activates my rectangle tool. I don’t think it’s possible to customize the keyboard shortcuts in Free yet, though.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.