How would you suggest I correct my work flow? This is pretty typically what I do:
I draw up a model, sometimes it consists of a 2d floor plan, which I make several copies in a line and make changes to create foundation plans, framing plans etc from them. I take a copy of the floor plan, pull up the walls, add a roof, exterior windows, etc. and use that for my elevations. Sometimes my sections, but that tool hates that I have several 2d copies in a line with the model It gets really long and unwieldly.
Perhaps i should have two models? One of just the 3d, and another of the 2d views?
I find it difficult to draw a 3d model with floors consisting of individual joists etc. so I skip that - it is too time consuming. Instead I will add them to a 2d section instead. In the process I create scenes of the different views. Then I send it to LO. I open LO insert the model. I don’t find the copy command very intuitive, because it makes a copy in the same place as the viewpoint, and I have to drag the copy away and then select it so I can open up a different scene. If that doesn’t seem to work, I insert the model in again in a new location.
My goal is not to produce a gorgeous 3d model, my goal is to produce a set of plans to submit to the city, with all the things they require.
Then the city sends me corrections, and depending I do corrections in SU or LO. This is where this project went wrong. When they send me redlined corrections, I do them but save it as a different version of the model, both in SU and LO This one was v.2
It was going fine, I was making the corrections in SU, updating the scenes, saving my work, updating the ref in LO just fine. Then it stopped showing my changes. And my frustration with the program resurfaced.