Geolocation freezes SU

Hi, I’m trying to work on my Architecture Lecture project, and it requires me to import a location with terrain as the first step, but whenever I go to try the Geolocation tool, it freezes the application, becomes unresponsive, and turns the entire viewport white. My friend is also having the same problem, and neither of us can seem to figure out how to fix it. We installed it the application as an administrator, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting, the whole nine yards, and still can’t seem to fix it. What should I do?

What version of SketchUp are you using? How large of an area are you trying to grab?

I’m using 2017, 64-bit. I’m trying to import a single plot, so nothing that would overload anything by any means.

What is the address of the site? I’ll try to grab it and see what I get.

Does your computer have an integrated graphics card in addition to the GeForce card? If so, make sure you are using the GeForce card and not the integrated GPU.

127 Beach Rd. Singapore

It doesn’t, I just have the GeForce.

It imported just fine for me. Well, it went to 103 Beach Road.

When you installed Sketchup did you install it correctly by right clicking on the installer file and choosing Run as administrator?

I did.

Is it possible there’s a firewall preventing SketchUp from grabbing that area?

Could you run me through how to check that?

Try grabbing a location somewhere else and see if that comes in…

1 Like

Trying to grab a different location as Aaron suggested is a good test. The other test would be to go somewhere else with your computer to get on a different network and see what you get.

I just tried grabbing the building I’m in as well as switching over to a hotspot I set up with my phone and it did the same thing.

Could you grab the location and send it as a project to me so I can get this project done? I can figure out how to fix the problem at a later date if I can avoid it.

Ok. It will be a couple of hours before I can do it. Maybe you can post a screenshot of the exact area?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.