Geolocation Freezes

I am aware that there are other people mentioning the same issue but none have been answered. Here it is:

When I grab a specific location on geolocation the whole program freezes, however the memory that sketchup takes up keeps on increasing in my Task Manager (at the moment it is at 2,400 mb). I know that these things can take some time but this is taking much longer than it used to. I have run the Sketchup repair tool and the issue was not resolved. Please does anyone have a solution? (I don’t think this has anything to do with drivers, the specific location, nor the amount of zoom in the geolocation window/grab).

1 Like

Who else is mentioning this?

Are you using SketchUp 2017 Make as your profile indicates?

I think one of these is pro but yes, I’m using SketchUp 2017 Make

OK. Nothing recent. All more than a year ago.

So all you can get from Geolocation is the map image. No 3D terrain or terrain imagery.

What is the region you’re trying to get?

Have you tried updating your graphics drivers recently?

I am aware that I can only get the Openstreetmap stuff. I’m right now getting the region around Hebron Kentucky, specifically the airport, CVG. No, I haven’t updated them but everything else on my computer is working fine. I’ll give it a try but could you think of any other problems besides that in the event that it is not the drivers?

v17 uses IE for web dialogs, so look up posts for clearing the IE caches…

john

1 Like

I’ll give that a try and I’ll let you know how it turns out

John beat me to suggesting clearing your IE caches. Make sure IE is up to date, too.

Unfortunately this did not work. I restarted my IE and also cleared the cash but the problem still persists.

Did you try updating IE? What version are you using?

Chrome 71, should be up to date

That’s not Internet Explorer, that’s Chrome.

Ah Ok. Thought by IE you meant any browser, my bad. I’ll fix the IE then

Nope.

Clear the Internet Explorer caches, too.

It’s up to date (version 11) and I’ve cleared the cache. Still not working though.

1 Like

Same problem on my end. IE is latest. Terrain window loads partially. Any zoom above 10 refuses to load. Might want to get this one fixed sooner than later. in v19.3.253 - Pro etc. etc.

Alternatively for those that rely on geo-location terrain, use Blender with OSM - Trimble biffed this one.

there doesn’t seem to be a solution listed for this problem. I’ve been using sketchup for more than a decade and geo locate for nearly as long with the same drivers, graphic card and operating system with very large files. In the last month I’ve begun the problem of it never loading the plan photo or 3D map for even small files and I get the info to geo locate every time I open it. HELP

There were a lot of changes in Add Location a month ago.

The Add Location window is a web browser page. Right-click on it and choose Show Dev Tools. In the developer tools, choose Console, and get a screenshot of what errors it is showing.

I am having the exact same problem - Ive used Sketchup for over a decade, never had an issue, and of course, i have a deadline, and its not working. Please help!!

The screenshot you showed is a relatively unimportant warning. What were you doing at the time of the error.