FORMATO DE ARCHIVO INESPERADO, no puedo abrir mi archivo

@COLIN SAVE ME PLASE

The .skp file is nothing but zeros. The .skb backup copy is about 80% zeros. Thereā€™s nothing to recover in your files. Where have you been saving the file as you were working on it? I donā€™t suppose you were also saving to your Trimble Connect storage, too?

no me habia pasado nunca, despues de una falla de luz paso eso y abren todos los archivos sin problema excepto ese

Translated by Google:

Well, itā€™s good it never happened to you before. Again, where were you saving this file? To an external drive? Or to the cloud? Were you saving a backup to your Trimble Connect storage?

If the mains power is subject to failing, it would be a good idea to get a battery backup power supply for your computer.

broā€¦ tiene solucion?.. esa es mi pregunta

As I wrote, thereā€™s nothing to recover in your files. The solution would be to start over on your model and save to the internal drive frequently. Do not work on the file saved on an external drive. With your subscription you have unlimited storage on Trimble Connect. Use that and save your file there, too.

Buenas noches, busco ayuda para reparar el archivo o la manera en la que se soluciona el error de Formato de archivo inesperado, cual es la soluciĆ³n real, o la raĆ­z del problema y como evitarlo. dejo el enlace de wetransfer para descarga de los archivos. Muchas gracias, quedo atento! @colin @DaveR

Good evening, I am looking for help to repair the file or how to solve the Unexpected File Format error, what is the real solution, or the root of the problem and how to avoid it. I leave the wetransfer link to download the files. Thank you very much, Iā€™ll stay tuned!

What version of SketchUp are you really using? You put Free Plan 2023 in your profile. Does that mean you are using a cracked version?

Your file opened fine for me. I did my standard cleanup on it. Let me know what version of SketchUp you are using so I can save it so you can open it.

Hola @DaveR , la versiĆ³n dice pro 2023, puse free plan porque no es mi equipo y no se cual plan usa.
Le dejo un pantallazo de la versiĆ³n segĆŗn propiedades del .exe. Me serĆ­a de gran ayuda saber como evitar este problema. Como se hace ese clean up, donde lo puedo hacer? Saludos, Muchas gracias Dave.
V

Hello @DaveR, the version says pro 2023, I put free plan because it is not my device and I donā€™t know which plan it uses.
I leave you a screenshot of the version according to properties of the .exe. It would be very helpful for me to know how to avoid this problem. How is this clean up done, where can I do it? Greetings, Thank you very much Dave.

It would like be SketchUp Pro unless your friend is using a cracked version. Please find out and correct the forum profile.

You should be able to open the file with that version of SketchUp although it might be slow. For cleanup I first fixed incorrect tag usage. I did this with an extension from Sketchucation called Default Tag Geometry.
Screenshot - 6_16_2024 , 4_16_35 PM

Then I purged unused content. I used an extension, also from Sketchucation, called Purge All because it shows this report. You can do the same with Purge Unused from Window>Model Info>Statistics.
Screenshot - 6_16_2024 , 4_18_11 PM
The cleanup reduced the file size by nearly 64%.

I would suggest that you first get your own subscription to SketchUp and then go through the tutorials at learn.sketchup.com

Hereā€™s the file.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/txyzcpfh8ev72g41pptd7/Apto-t-a-Lucho-recovered.skp?rlkey=ijp0ctyp396jm4g4itknblppu&st=z3uzojcp&dl=0

@DaveR Estoy muy agradecido, pude abrir el archivo sin problemas. TomarĆ© en cuenta todo lo que me mencionĆ³ para no tener este tipo de problema.

Saludos desde Costa Rica!! tenga un buen dĆ­a!

@DaveR I am very grateful, I was able to open the file without problems. I will keep everything you mentioned in mind so as not to have this type of problem.

Greetings from Costa Rica!! Have a nice day!

Hola
HELP ME PLEASE!!!
I was working on a project and Sketchup was not cooperating, it was getting stuck a lot so I shut it down and when tried to open it again the file did not open.
IĀ“m scared I lost it forever, donĀ“t know what to do.

AYUDA POR FAVOR!!!
Estaba trabajando en un archivo y se trababa demasiado por lo que lo cerrƩ y al volver a abrirlo no abre, como si no existiera archivo.
No encuentro ningĆŗn archivo de recuperaciĆ³n y estoy en desesperaciĆ³n ya que tengo una entrega

AYUDA!!! @colin @DaveR NECESITO RECUPERAR ESTE ARCHIVO YA!!!

Quit spamming the forum! There is no need to post the same thing in half a dozen different threads as well as sending a private message. The post in this thread is enough.

What version of SketchUp are you really using? There is no Free Plan of SketchUp 2023 as you put in your forum profile. Are you using a cracked version? Also what operating system and graphics card? ā€œnoseā€ does not answer those questions.

If you want assistance, fill out your profile correctly!

The fileā€™s header says it was made in SketchUp 2020 not 2023. I expect you are using a cracked version of SketchUp. Is that correct?

Whichever version you are using, that file is half filled with zeros, and canā€™t be recovered.

I found the same thing. The file is not recoverable.

Iā€™ll see what I can see. What version of SketchUp are you really using? You put ā€œFree Planā€ SketchUp 2023 Pro in your forum profile. There is no Free Plan of SketchUp 2023. Or are you using a cracked version?

Using cracked software is illegal, and donā€™t be surprised if it crashes. Go cry somewhere else, donā€™t wait for help here. :rage:

1 Like

Or maybe something to do with using a cracked version of SketchUp. Using cracked software is illegal. If makes you a thief. Your file did open for me but Iā€™m not going to fix it for you.

1 Like

Hola, a mi archivo le sale FORMATO DE ARCHIVO INESPERADO. necesito recuperarlo urgentemente :c por favor. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FlnDTKSaI7PsII70qGKJ0iO6Xb09h4R6?usp=sharing

@colin Hola. mi archivo le sale FORMATO DE ARCHIVO INESPERADO. Necesito recuperarlo urgentemente es para una entrega de mi curso. por favor https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FlnDTKSaI7PsII70qGKJ0iO6Xb09h4R6?usp=sharing