I’m experiencing the unexpected file format error that I had a file open for 2 days, yesterday 27 and left the file open for 2 days, yesterday and left the file open on the computer for 22:42 22:42
save the file normally /turn off the pc.
This morning when trying to open the file unexpectedly, this error occurred.
I tried renaming the skb to access the backup copy as it would be little lost work, but the same error occurs.
Has anyone had this error and know how to solve it? I have a Trimble license, so I discard the option of crack error, I saw on forums people saying that it is for saving a file in the cloud or directly on the network, but it was saved on the desktop in a folder, on the C: disk, I read that some block or component may have corrupted the file, if so, screw it! kkk I will have to start the work again, but I also read that it is possible to recover, but there was no information on how to recover, but the cases in which I recovered only as file information (layers, blocks, etc), but the modeled design disappeared.
I tried to recover some things, but not sure I did too well. There is nothing in the scene, and the file size is 90 MB instead of 121 MB. That sounds like you had used a lot of raw geometry in the scene.
Look in the Components tray to see if there is anything you can use.
I was able to open the original file yesterday. I purged unused stuff from it which reduced the file size by about 15%. Started running CleanUp3 but had to quit about an hour into a reported 68 hour cleaning because I needed my computer for paying work.
It has a lot of excessive entourage which makes the model very demanding. Texture images that can’t be seen in any views of the model, labels on bottles that can’t be read unless you zoom in on the bottle…
Get rid of all the 3D Warehouse trash, is my honest opinion. 19 million edges for a small house. about 2 of them in two small plants.
There were 8 million edges in the rice cooker, kettle, frying pan and the two jars with kitchen utensils.
I’ve been slowly working through just the excessive textures. There were 10 materials applied only to edges. After removing materials from edges only they could be purged. I removed back face materials and that reduced file size by more than 5 Mb.
Seems to me that it might be easier to start over and use proper modeling workflow instead of struggling with this one to make it usable. That includes cleaning up components before they are added to the model or choosing better, leaner components.