FORMATO DE ARCHIVO INESPERADO, no puedo abrir mi archivo

I was able to open the .skb file. There was a bad group in it. You would be able to open the file, too, if you have the latest version of SketchUp 2023 installed.

I also noticed some incorrect tag usage.
Screenshot - 1_30_2024 , 12_46_08 PM
And some unused objects and materials.
Screenshot - 1_30_2024 , 12_46_28 PM

After purging the file size is reduced by about 61%.

atlantis purged.skp (3.2 MB)

Thank you very much, half of the model is missing, now it’s time to draw again, but at least not from the beginning, I thank you very much for the help

Objects from the 3D warehouse can be corrupted and can get your model corrupted, when you download models do it into an empty file, purge it and fix it if it’s necessary and then copy and paste it on your main model.

1 Like

@colin Hola Colin!! necesito ayuda con este archivo por favor, me sale formato de archivo inesperado!
desde ya muchas gracias!

There was one group that had problems. Its name is “Grupo#36”. That group is removed from the model now, hopefully it wasn’t an important group!

You should update SketchUp 2023, the more recent version is able to cope with groups that have become corrupt.

Here is your file:

Thank you so much!!

Buena tarde, necesito ayuda para recuperar un archivo por favor @colin
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1g4VPFT_C2iWJ7WQZiBftJycbm2tPRhxi?usp=sharing

This file had some problems that SketchUp 2023.1.3 handles better than 2023.0 did. You should update SketchUp to the current version.

Here is your file.

PROPUESTA IMPLANTADA HIBRIDO.skp (4.1 MB)

1 Like

Update to the current version of SketchUp 2023 and you will be able to open the file.

@colin Hello Colin, I need help to recover my home proyect. A message says: Unexpected file format. Please, I would really appreciate your help :frowning:

It opened fine for me in the latest version of SketchUp 2023. You should update from 23.0.

I did my usual simple cleanup. Fixed incorrect tag usage:
Screenshot - 3_31_2024 , 7_09_47 PM
Then purged unused stuff. You’re hoarding plenty of unneeded components and materials.
Screenshot - 3_31_2024 , 7_12_10 PM
And then I checked material sizes. Surpisingly, only a few that are excessively large.
Screenshot - 3_31_2024 , 7_13_13 PM
There are some large objects that could likely stand to be put on a diet.

Running CleanUp3 helped some.
Screenshot - 3_31_2024 , 7_18_21 PM
I see some faces that should get corrected. There should be no exposed back faces in 3D objects.

The cleaning I did reduced file size by about 65%. I’ll upload the file to DropBox and come back with the link.

By the way, your model would be easier to deal with if you use simpler plany components. Also, you should be creating groups and components you model. As it is, your entire house is a mass of loose geometry.

@DaveR Is there any way that I can start over? Thanks for getting it back btw! I appreciate it but I can’t edit or put textures on it

What do you mean by start over? Start the model over? That you can do.It would probably be the best approach. You can make groups of floors and walls and roofs as you go, make sure you are using tags correctly (ALL edges and faces should be created and remain untagged. Only groups and components should be given tags.) and you can choose lower poly components from the 3D Warehouse.

Why? What happens when you try? Are you referring to the file I cleaned up and shared? I just changed the face style to Monochorme to make it easier to orbit around. You can change it back to Shaded with Textures under View>Face Style.

FWIW, I deleted the heavy plants and the heavy truck component from your model. This reduced the file size considerably more.
Terreno Real Cuenca - Proyecto y construccion purged 2.skp (15.6 MB)

1 Like

Thank you so much! It really helped me. God bless you

Hola!! buenas tardes me urge recuperar un archivo, llevaba toda la noche haciéndolo y hoy despierto y me marca como archivo inesperado:(( por favor!! @colin

The model opens ok if you use either SketchUp 2023.1 or 2024. There is one group that has problems, and those later versions cope with the problem.

You can get the installers for both versions here:

https://www.sketchup.com/en/download/all

1 Like

Muchas gracias!! me has salvadoooo:)))

Hi, can u help me please I have the same problem :frowning: Dropbox

What version of SketchUp are you really using? There is no Free Plan of SketchUp 2023. It opened just fine for me in SketchUp 2024 after it caught and deleted a corrupted object.