"File not found or Invalid"

Hey! I know a ton of people are asking this question, but I am still inquiring for some recent solution discoveries since I am desperate to recover my file.

See, I’ve worked on this sketch up file for about 6 hours, and as a student, I am currently getting crushed by many projects and deadlines, and simply can’t afford to restart my whole construction. Basically, I get this message of “File not Found or Invalid” and sadly deleted my autosave version and earlier files. I am holding on this only file that just can’t seem to open, even tho I can see a clear thumbnail and the weight of the file seems very accurate. I just can’t get through that wall of accessing it…Please help

I haven’t yet managed to rescue a model to the point that you see anything in the scene, but I can usually rescue components. If you used components a lot I might be able to get something of use. Put the file online somewhere and then put the link to the file in your reply. I use wetransfer.com for doing that, but you may have your own preference.

On the general question of file not found or invalid, I found that we have a critical bug open about the issue, and I have been adding other example files to that. I could include yours too.

Thank you for your fast reply! Here is a link to my file from my google drive, sorry for not using wetransfer;

There seem to be a lot of rocks components in there, is that how you had it? Not sure I’ve rescued much that is of any use, but for what it’s worth, here’s the rescued file:

WeTransfer only keeps the file for a short time. Anyone reading this post later won’t be able to get the file.