Export model to get vector image

I have a project where I’m modeling a condo building and exporting 2d images, one image showing the entire building, and one image per unit in the building. Intent is to show where each unit is in the building for purposes of using images for a website.
The problem: The angle at which the client wants the building viewed from is such that the lines look to pixilated and not a straight crisp line. I’ve tested to show different views to show that it’s really just the angle of the view, because other angles the lines do not look pixilated.
The question: Is there any way to export the model or the scenes as vectors? I’ve tried using layout, however, when choosing the vector option for the view, I loose all the necessary view-specific properties, such as the building being transparent so you can see through to the units inside, etc.
Can anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks

I would use LayOut and render the viewports in Hybrid. That’ll provide vector edges and maintain the textures.

Here’s what I’m up against. First image is the hybrid, second is straight from sketchup. You can see how the top edge is a little cleaner on the hybrid, however, I still loose some of the style in using hybrid, unless there’s settings I’m not seeing. I haven’t really used layout before, but I didn’t see anywhere I could change the style or mess with it at all once it was in layout.

I only see one image and can’t tell if it’s from LO or SU.

Style settings need to be made in SketchUp and the scene updated. Then the reference gets updating in LO. I think you can do what you want with LayOut. Can you share the LO file? Send it via private message if you don’t want to make it public.

If you click on the image it should expand and show both.

I see.

Can you send me the LO file?

Please pardon my ignorance… how do I send a private message on this forum?

Click on my name or avatar. You should see the word Message. Click on that.

I think I’m unable to because I’m a new user,
Thanks!

You soon will be able to but we should have you set up soon.

@DaveR Why not just export the image at a higher resolution?

That may or may not do the job. It depends upon how the image will be used and the desired appearance.

I tried that as well, however, the final image has to be in the range of 500x500 pixels and always seemed to have the pixilated look. I believe it’s more the angle the model is on, its just such that it naturally has that jagged look. Even the vector/hybrid version has a slight jagged edge, albeit just not as bad.

When you get to the image stage it will be a raster image and so you need anit-aliasing to help smooth things out but I think there are things that can be done to make it better.

Phil, did you get my e-mail?

Yes I did, I replied back with the file. My emails tend to go to junk mail, so might check there.
Yeah, anti-aliasing definitely helped. The client is considering having all my exported images traced or redone in illustrator, but that’s just a ton of extra work, considering there’s over a dozen floors each with 4-12 units per floor…

Amazingly I haven’t had any spam e-mails for several hours. Any chance of sending again?

That’s my fault… file sent.

If you export the file as a PDF it will open as a vector in Illustrator.

I loose all style, such as transparent building faces to see units inside, unless there’s a setting I’m missing.export to pdf.pdf (5.0 KB)

Can you share the SketchUp file?