Dani’s SketchBook

:unicorn: :heart::purple_heart:

Mind, I did give it a basic unicorn to start with

4 Likes

Cheating!

2 Likes

There are a lot of cool doors in the Hobbit/LoTR. Your second example looks almost like a Hobbit / Dutch door… not in half, but like you could open the inner door inward and the outer frame outward. Has the Hobbit storm door just been invented?

1 Like

It doesn’t want to do it without one…

Ironically though, I think the results might actually be more usable coming from the “unicorn without a unicorn” prompt

1 Like

Seems accurate considering some magical unicorns are invisible.

2 Likes

A well known, completely documented fact. :grin:

2 Likes

Essentially that’s what I was wondering, if D is savvy enough to sort out a unicorn on its own. Interesting that it was so distracted trying to manifest a unicorn that it forgot to embellish your geometry as much. Perhaps a future workaround to turn diffusion into a more standard render engine? Always ask for a unicorn… even an invisible one.

1 Like

I tried “Unicorn” in an empty model. Got a proud mare and a screwhead.

Summary

2 Likes

Duocorn… rare. Our resident Alien Artist Diffusion who lives on the moon has the right idea, sorta.

2 Likes

It looks skinny. It should eat a sandwich.

I like that it basically treats the ear as another horn. One right in the middle of the head.

2 Likes

Why did Diffusion. put that lettering (almost like a signature) in the lower left corner of the first 2 and the lower right of the last?

3 Likes

Oh, wow! You’re right. The “Stochastic Parrot” is even mimicking without understanding the watermark of people whose work got swallowed up by the massive database of imagery.

3 Likes

“Fascinating,” As Spock would say with raised eyebrow.

4 Likes

“Resistance is futile” (the Borg on Next Generation) also seems applicable. All of our artistic creation is bound to be “assimilated.”

4 Likes

Not that I want to start a debate (even if people agree with me), but this is a HUGE problem in the art community for the last two years or so. The people who allow (force) AI to train itself using images from the internet swear that they’re not stealing the work of well known artists (or any artists for that matter) and that it’s not theft basically because no one can prove it. Well, more often than not, an AI image turns up with a signature in a typical signature area, which means that it is using someone particular’s art multiple times as reference and interpreting that signature as something intrinsic to the style being asked… which most are saying is proof that the AI is indeed being trained on the work of professionals who have spent years and years perfecting their style enough that people want to copy it.

Now… this is why AI images cannot be copyrighted currently and no other reason. They’re basically “classical studies” for all intents and purposes…

Which is technically not bad… but it does breed hostility in the art community, when you can type in “Background in the style of Famous Artist” and in 30 seconds come back with something you would have had to pay a master a small buttload of money to do… It negates all of the hard work and time put into learning an art, because then they just take you, feed you into the machine via your art output of choice and then the computer makes a free copy of you (validating your worth) but then doesn’t pay you anything for it, and doesn’t require anyone else to pay you anything for it.

I have nothing against using AI to generate ideas you may otherwise not have come up with, and I certainly don’t have a huge problem with the Sketchup version of AI because you are expected to put in product before getting product back But I have lost more than 30 freelance jobs over the last few years as people realize that they can type something into AI and get back something that works ‘enough’ and that’s been hard.

11 Likes

Which is why I asked the question; to hopefully get people think about AI in a way they may not have before. (and I agree with you by the way.)

3 Likes

I thought I’d give some specific attempts at an image coming from diffusion.

I was looking for a paper cutout of a specific building, so I made a paper style model.

Then I tried MANY different ways of getting a warm romantic light from the back “off camera” to shine forward through all of the cutouts. I’m not entirely sure what I want, but I know it has something to do with paper, lace, and warm romantic light. I didn’t really get it, and if I had an actual rendering program, I would definitely go there.

12 Likes

I’m supposed to be working on my freelance work…. Very very distracted.

8 Likes

wow, I can’t believe it’s $5.99 only ! :smiley:

2 Likes