Dani’s SketchBook

I have to stop. This isn’t for anything, merely modeling practice.

All done from scratch in SketchUp for iPad > 3x screenshots with styling > procreate for layout.

10 Likes

Most taco trucks don’t actually have tortilla fins. Outstanding!

1 Like

Can understand the easily distracted part. Your stuff is always so fun and imaginative :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s a cascading effect, so the longer I let myself go, the worse I get. I actually got about halfway into modeling a more typical truck before I fell into the cartoon pit.

Example:
~ I want to model something that will allow me to practice modeling half of a mirrored component…
~ um… foodtruck. …. … yes. Awesome.
~ start with wheels, and then food trucks are pretty square…
~ what kind of food truck is it? Taco truck…. OOOhh! Paco’s Tacos. Yes yes.
~ OOOooh! It can have a giant Taco on top…
~ :hushed:
~ THE ENTIRE BACK END SHOULD BE A GIANT TACO!
~ :exploding_head:
~ … …… …… I don’t know how to model a chonky taco shell using native tools…

I then proceed to spend three hours making a cartoon/ theme food truck when I should be doing other things.

If I didn’t have SketchUp, this would still happen, but it wouldn’t be as awesome.

4 Likes

So what you’re saying is that the taco truck could have a trailer that is like a float with a giant salsa bowl on top with pico de gallo, avocadoes, etc? And there’s room for burritos before this whole thing shakes out?

1 Like

Why don’t you want me to get real work done?

:laughing:

12 Likes

13 Likes

Be careful. James will wnat have you make a hard top for the trailer to avoid water damage.

1 Like

In my own defense: I did not respond to the last posts in this thread.

Will you make a pico de gallo feature for the avocado boat trailer? I’m not seeing a green (verde) squirt bottle next to the red (rojo) sauce and the yellow mustard one is making me feel conflicted. You know how you don’t get enough pico because it’s in those small round containers? Maybe the avocado pit has to go so a big pico bowl can go in there? I don’t know what the answer is. But I do know pico de gallo is an essential design ingredient for these types of vans.

;^)

1 Like

tomato slice wheels?

1 Like

It looks as if it would work in offroad conditions too. Our military has a volunteer organization that brings coffee, pizza, buns etc. to the troops practicing in the bush in somewhat less fancy vans.

2 Likes

Attic “entourage”. …. What else.

This is for a comic book. The character family is a mom, dad and one child who is 13. No pets.

11 Likes

Cool space. Only missing the monster. Attics must have monsters :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Or bats.
The place where a kid can go read all the books parents have hidden there out of the reach of children.

2 Likes

Christmas decorations / seasonal decorations

1 Like

Perhaps some beloved but forgotten stuffed animals in the crib? The monster lives behind the double doors… :wink:

1 Like

Ok, but can we move on quietly without having to acknowledge that and just wave it away…looking for the fluttering emogie

1 Like

shhhhh…be very very quiet.

1 Like

My mother would have had newspaper spread out on the floor where she placed black walnuts to dry. And there’d be squirrels feasting on them. :smiley:

5 Likes

I had all my old Donald Duck magazines there.

3 Likes