CfileException 13

Hy,
I didn´t find a topic so I made a new one.
When saving a file, or when SK does auto save reply with na error CfileException 13.
Anyone with a clue or a solution?

That´s impossible to save. Says there are no permissions to do it (wich is wrong)

Best regards,
Mr_robinson

Can you show a screenshot or the error message or an error log perhaps?

I did a search and saw that this topic has been posted a few times here, this was the last answer I could see from a SketchUp team member:

‘This issue has been linked directly to Livedrive and the software component they have that affects anything saved to the L: drive. The only fix is… don’t save directly to the L: drive. I recommend this for all cloud software at this point, just to be safe… save to your Desktop or a local location on your C: drive and only copy it to your network or cloud share service at the end of the day as a backup. (To be clear, I’ve only seen this happen with Livedrive… but it’s better safe than sorry.)’

Although in this answer it references Livedrive, others seemed to be having problems with Dropbox too.

Edit: Sorry I only found an answer for CfileException 2 and CfileException 3, not CfileException 13 as you had asked, my bad!!

Edit 2: It seems that there was one post on CfileException 13 and the author points to the thread on CfileExtension 2 relating to trying to save to a network drive rather than locally. So my first answer may actually turn out to be correct? SketchUp is not Letting me save Are you trying to save to a network drive or cloud storage folder?

Sorry, I dont have.
Seens it looks like Dropbox is fulling my disk. A local disk.

Yes, its a full disk with dropbox trashing it with backups.
I clean some same and until now I have no issues.
Thanks.

There have been a few reports of getting CFileException 13 before. Unfortunately, at least according to Microsoft, 13 is not a valid CFileException value! I wonder whether this is some programmer’s idea of a joke: “you got unlucky”…

Ok so it was Dropbox, well hope thats fixed it for you.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.