BlueBlankey's Sci-Fi Sketchup Gallery

No one told the R&D department the target was a steel panel and not a person, they considered a rock but a stick can rail missiles.

“Home”

“Sand”

6 Likes

“Patch”

“Sound”

Responsibilities are getting in the way of making one everyday, will just work as much as possible. It’s been a really good way to learn how to make textures!

9 Likes

Your renders are amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks! :smiley: :+1:

“Box” (old render to fill space)

“Extend”

4 Likes

March of robots was a great way to break out of the rut I was in, kind of fizzled out towards the end but 20/31 isn’t bad (13 renders 7 sketches, last attempt only made it to 3 renders)

If anyone is ever curious on the workflow, I’ve been doing a modeling stream every Thursday- hope to put this momentum to good use :+1:

6 Likes

Still plugging away at the beast, slowly but surely.

4 Likes

Some high poly tooobz, might make something nice with them sometime

Also another sketch 2 sketchup exercise, this time a giant super gun

7 Likes

Needs a few more gears or moving parts :wink:

3 Likes

Honestly can’t wait to get to the real animations and get those moving parts working :clap:
+another accumulation dump of concept models

6 Likes

Some more tidbits :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Fantastic work, went through all your old posts. So fascinating. Out of curiosity do you model each part individually then put them together? Or just model as a complete mech, adding the parts as they come to mind?

1 Like

Thanks! If I’m not working off an initial concept it’s just creating parts based on adjacent parts until it forms a complete machine. I’ve dabbled with the other workflow of assembling completed parts, but I’m saving a more serious attempt at kitbashing for when I get into procedural generation.

Yeah it’s mint. I thought it was a photo!

1 Like

Thought this one would look cool with a proper render. It’s an aircraft launch assist vehicle that tows gliders and ramjets up to takeoff speeds.

5 Likes

This is awesome :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

2 Likes

Another line-for-line sketch to model exercise, I think this is the third one so far

Robot_Sketch

3 Likes

Forgot how fun it is to make a spaceship :rocket:

7 Likes

Took a brief hiatus but we’re back at it, woo two year thread anniversary

(a few re-renders ^)

Put together a cool collage, feels nice to see things together

A lot more tron-flavored things incoming

4 Likes