BlueBlankey's Sci-Fi Sketchup Gallery

Dropped this when it started getting tedious (keyframing with 5fps is tough), decided to pick it up again and finish it

8 Likes

Insane. As usual :wink:

1 Like

There’s been a huge flurry of creative activity going on lately, I think I found that “upward spiral” I’ve been looking years for. Expect a lot of updates :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

A house plan made for a friend and our dungeons and dragons campaign :dragon:

Lots of furniture, the fenced off ones I used the warehouse to piece together

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I like all the modern conveniences PLUS a grindstone for your sword!

2 Likes

Kind of a strange mix honestly lol, is cozy living though

One robot everyday for “March of robots”, challenge accepted :robot: :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

Nice-- One a day. You can do a collage someday like Beeple and become rich!

1 Like

That’s a cool thought, if I’m actually able to pull off this 20 or so it would be a start of a good repertoire. There’s no way I’m making 5,000 though :sweat_smile:

Actually going to try following the official prompts starting with #10 “Wheel”

Tree planter/ Truffle huffer

“Bubble” anti air defense walker (missed sound, will pick it up sometime)

A little behind but catching up fast

10 Likes

The texturing in the “Tree planter” is superb!

2 Likes

Thanks trying to learn something new for each one, slowed down and thought about where the wear would actually go rather than just procedural edge noise. (painted a little tree on the side just for fun)

1 Like

Some are taking longer than others so kind of just skipping around, will probably make a bunch of unrendered versions to keep up.

#13 “Flower” backstory: “When evolving from flora to fauna, autogenetic machines will often adopt mutualistic behaviors. Subterranean worms will supply floral outcrops with mass in return for processing food. Over time the outcrop will evolve to become a mobile automation, with the worms living in symbiosis until their eventual assimilation.”

#15 “Tool”: R/C plasma cutter

10 Likes

Plasma cutter a.k.a “Big Bird” Excellent works!

1 Like

Oh, and the “CAUTION” sign is an understatement. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere near this thing!

1 Like

Yep definitely would keep far away, the cutter is waay bigger than it’d need to be IRL, thing could probably cut a car in half no problem lol.

Does it also has a ‘follow me’ option, like spot?

2 Likes

No, for this one a totally new feature ‘Chase You’ was introduced.

4 Likes

Through live testing the R&D department found a plasma cutter is ineffective without a power cord clamped to the target. These guys shouldn’t have the same problem

2 Likes

Better use a pointed stick instead…

1 Like