BlueBlankey's Sci-Fi Sketchup Gallery

Models and renders of Sketchup things I’ve made over the past ten years or so of using it. They’re all hobby projects and many aren’t finished.

Abandoned but not forgotten, these will be finished sometime in the far flung future v

Current work in progress v

32 Likes

Very impressive work, not from this world, I’d say! :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s “out of this world”. I do like the simple white on dark background styles.

1 Like

Holly dolly! I like how your “hobby” involves super high-poly models. Keep us updated!

2 Likes

Took only three days to figure out an “inktober” thing with one model a day wasn’t going to work, but finishing some small things was a really good refresher.
(Went ahead and threw all three into Twinmotion for quick renders)

Also belated thanks for the feedback, I’m kind of a lurker that doesn’t respond much but it means a lot to me!

16 Likes

Amazing work. If these works are carried out as a hobby, what you do in your billable time I can only imagine! lol.

1 Like

Just putzing around starting more than I finish, have been goofing with Fredo’s animator so that might be a cool thing to try sometime.

slow and steady…

9 Likes

Wow. Very impressive. What’s your rendering program?

Recently starting using Twinmotion, it’s a realtime renderer based off the unreal engine. It’s similar to Lumion but it’s free.

1 Like

Goofing around with Fredo’s animator- just some quick unpolished section plane interpolations.

15 Likes

REally Awesome Stuff!

1 Like

absolutely cool :star_struck:

1 Like

Again belated thank you for the comments :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Maybe a bit off-topic but here’s what the tank’s up to

Tank beauty shot + test environment to drive around in + blast from the past that shows some cool similarities. Also the biped is getting pretty close to model complete, texture will be a nightmare but it’ll be worth it when it’s strutting around.

5 Likes

It’s about time I got around to this… more detailed sketchup breakdown sometime soon, it has lots of internal geometry to support things getting blown off in-game. (twinmotion renders+ 3ds rig)

5 Likes

Small detour before mech breakdown, messing around with styles on some cyborgs

4 Likes

Next in a series of unfortunate detours- challenged myself to recreate a sketch line-for-line, I think it’s pretty close :+1:

4 Likes

Well here’s this finally, things are moving pretty slow creatively.

This thread is also getting pretty long so will probably just skip the fluff (like WIPs) and start a new one when something big gets finished.

Also there’s still quite a few old models laying around, not sure if it would be a fun thing to post or would be spam at this point.

5 Likes

A bit of a necropost, but here’s a few more accumulated odds and ends from the past few months.

CoroSpider_Pose2_Small

Mech01_Pose_New_Small (4)

Ok, maybe just a few WIPs

6 Likes