Add curved corners to tray

Hi i am trying to add a curved bottom to this drip tray, I’ve followed some tutorials but I can’t add a thickness to the curved surface unless I go for a paid version. I can’t see how to share the Trimbles Connect file, I will look at how to do it. I’m hoping to 3d print this, a new printer is on its way!

Something like this.
GIF 9-04-2024 7-57-59 PM

Looks good, I’m trying to understand how you did that though, making the bracket shape seems simple enough but how you made it go round I don’t know

Follow Me tool.

1 Like

In answer to your deleted question.
GIF 9-04-2024 9-00-28 PM

2 Likes

Fab! Will have another go.

how did you repeat the corners just by clicking?

Many tools will repeat the last action with a double click.

Spend some time learning the fundamentals at the Campus.

1 Like

thanks, it worked on the other corners, it turned out to be because I set guide points to size the corner. in the end I used the entity info to set the radius.

Hi Box, if you can still help please mate? I am now trying to add an opening on the curved side of the tray. I am struggling with how to do this - I’m trying to add a squared bot extension to it. The bottom of both needs to be on the same level so I can 3d print the drip tray.

If it were me I would make it in one piece.
GIF 11-04-2024 2-10-17 PM

Oh wow that’s clever! Thanks! The squared part needs the top to be 3mm lower than the rounded larger part. Is that as easy as drawing rectangles and deleting the section where I need to to be lower?

Just add edges where you want and pushpull. I’ve gone straight across here but you can put two edges anywhere you want on the top face.
GIF 11-04-2024 4-29-13 PM

Thanks mate! I love sketchup! So
Much to learn, wish it was my day job lol

Box, i am struggling to see why I am now getting holes in my corners, can you help me understand why?

Scale, you are working too small. Sketchup was originally designed to work at Architectural sizes, houses etc and as such has issues with tiny faces, if the vertices are two close together in 3d space it can decide they are the same and edges will fail to form therefore leaving missing faces.

There is a well known workaround shown here.

Further to that, when it comes to designing for 3d printing it is easiest to work in meters and think of them as millimeters. The exported .stl is unitless, so when brought into most slicer software it will be read as millimeters.

1 Like

Brilliant, I simply scaled everything up 100 then used follow me. thanks mate

another issue, there seems to be some anomaly here I cant delete, its only in one corner of the part. odd

FollowMe at tight corners produces these when the inside corner is 90 degrees or tighter, because it always keeps the profile perpendicular to the path and its segments. You might try configuring the operation in a way that places the profile totally outside the path.

ok i did a practice with another as I could not go back far enough in the original to undo the profile. now I have something completely the wrong size lol I will keep practising!