3DConnexion not working in SketchUp 2015

It’s fixed - just tried it. Go to downloads on their site and get 10.2.0 for Windows or 10.2.1 Mac (that’s the one I confirmed).

1 Like

Is anybody having problems with this latest driver (10.2)? (I’m using Space Mouse pro with wires) I mean, the moviments are not fluid anymore. Before you could zoom, pan and rotate all together, but now you can only make one movement at a time. I though it could be some new configuration, but it’s not. It works perfectly in 3ds max. So I think it’s probably a bad driver for sketchup. It’s not a good experience to use the 3d mouse like this.If it’s really a problem that others are experiencing they have to fix it fast because it doesn’t feel like using the 3d mouse anymore.

I’m using a Space Navigator with the new driver on SU Pro 2015 / OSX Mavericks. I’m not sure if I’ve noticed non-fluidity in all contexts, (I’ll pay more attention in my next modelling session) but it is really bad when you have the move tool enabled and try to navigate with the mouse. Jerky and rough.

Before you could zoom, pan and rotate all together, but now you can only make one movement at a time.

Did your preference settings transfer over with the upgraded driver? One thing that might cause similar behaviour is if ‘Dominant’ is checked in the ‘Devices’ pane of the control panel.

Hi db11,

man, you are right. I forgot to uncheck the dominant box. That fixed almost everything! There’s still some problems with the movements when drawing small details. But the rest is fine now!

Thanks man!

I forgot to uncheck the dominant box.

An easy thing to overlook, but it totally changes the behaviour. Glad it worked.

You posted this 2 hours ago, and Tommy responded with “check your spam folder” 19 hours ago, which you said fixed the issue 3 hours ago. So why are you posting here? Please stop, and if you have an issue, don’t pollute other discussion threads.

Hmm.

In my case (SU 2015, Mac, Yosemite, 3dconnection 10.2 driver) I can no longer rotate

It broke when i upgraded tp SU 2015

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Julio

Duh!

I had the rotations off set

Sorry

I have the SpaceMouse Wireless with the following setup: 3DxWare 10.2.1; Mac Os X 10.9.5; SpaceMouse firmware version 4.3.8; Sketchup 2015 Pro (15.1.104) (Trial), Logitech Trackball M570 running on a late 2013 (retina) MacBook Pro. I installed sketchup first an the drivers second, so any updates to sketchup that the driver install is to make should be done.

My problem is that while the mouse works as expected in the the trainer app without issues, when I try to use it in Sketchup by itself, nothing happens, it’s as if the input is not received by Sketchup, nothing, can’t orbit, pan, zoom etc. it seems dead… However, when I move my trackball at the same time as using the SpaceMouse, the input from the SpaceMouse is received together with the trackball movements, as soon as I stop using the trackball the input from the SpaceMouse dies too…

Has anybody seen this? I’ve tried two different computers with the same result (always using the trackbal/spacemouse combo).

From the 3Dconnexion Properties app, i ran the “Install Plug-ins”, restarted Sketchup, verified that the extension is installed in Sketchup (3DxSketchUp - a 3Dconnexion Extension for SketchUp) Version: 1.0.0.0

Now, when I use sketchup on my primary display (the MBP laptop screen) it works as advertised, when I move the application from the MacBookPro display and on to the external monitor, it stops working. I closed my laptop, so now my external monitor is the primary display and the stars seem to have come together and SpaceMouse works in Sketchup…

while this is a workable solution in the interim, it would be great to be able to use both display’s… I usually run a multi monitor setup.

Another SpaceMouse user adding that its a crucial part of modelling.

Another good reason to avoid 2015. Mine is now going in the trash bin.

Did you try posting the multi-monitor issue over at the 3dconnexion forum? SU developers are not responsible for the behavior of 3rd-party products.

1 Like

It sounded possible, even after two hours of looking for a way to show SketchUp 2015 where 3dConnection was hiding those plug- ins, or extensions, but the "I ran the “install plug-ins” phrase eludes me. How/where do you do that?
When you refer to the 3Dconnexion Properties app, do you mean the properties sheet? An app is a program, a properties sheet shows the properties of whatever you right clicked on. It’s a display of data usually. If you mean app as in application, where would I find that please?
I make semantic mistakes all the time, it’s why I’m trying to clarify.

what os are you running? I only had issues with OSX everything “just worked” on Windows.

Properties app : Applications > 3DConnexion > 3D Mouse Home then select properties.

It’s working ok now, I wish I could tell you what I did, that’s the second time I just kept fiddling with adjustments and re-booting, sometimes a different sequence seems to help, and then one boot up, it starts working.

Robert Pollock
2929 Via Vaquero
Palm Springs
California 92262
760 799 9805
CA Contractors ‘B’ lic. # 919243

I’m not sure if this is SU or 3DC: Can I calibrate the “Walking” separate to the “Looking” functions? I seem to be sprinting while straining to turn my head.
(‘tilt’ and ‘twist’ seem really sluggish compared with ‘push/pull’, ‘lift’ and ‘slide’)

1 Like

Feel I should share information with a setup that works as I have no issue, and it is working fine/well, if this helps troubleshoot the problem :

Win 7 (x86)
Sketchup 2015 v15.3.331 (32-bit)
3DXWare 10.2.2
3DxWincore version : 17.2.2.11155
SpaceNavigator corded version.
Also, I can add the same software mentioned above is installed on an other machine using Windows 8 (64 bits) and it works fine as well.

It is possible the problem you are experiencing is due to the 3D Connexion settings used with Sketchup 2014, that are not carried across properly with the Sketchup 2015 version. If that is the case, those parameters are individually saved for each software/applications in this folder :

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg

So maybe try removing the SketchUp.xml file to force the generating of a new fresh settings file. (as a safe measure, copy the file to your desktop before deleting), then reboot, relaunch Sketchup, then open the 3D connexion settings and adjust to your liking, and that file should recreated works for you, with the new parameters. Hopefully it fixes the issue.

Luck luck.

PS 1: when going to C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg replace yourusername with your account name to locate the folder.

PS 2 : Also note the folder is invisible, so make sure you make this folder visible to reach it. (for Windows 7 you can use this Show hidden files and for Windows 8 use this : How To View Hidden Files in Windows 8 | Tom's Hardware Forum).

I have exactly the same problem as Jaws - Demo app works fine, but in Sketchup nothing happens unless I wiggle the trackpad as well, at which time the action being applied by the SpaceNavigator is applied to the sketchup model at approximately 0.5-1s intervals (very slow and laggy). Basically, like this is unusable. I’ve reinstalled the drivers (10.2.1) and Sketchup2015 (15.3.329) several times now with no luck (OSX 10.10.2 on Macbook Air Late 2010). Does anyone know how to fix this?