3D warehouse on Sketchup make 2017

My students all have Sketchup make 2017 downloaded on their computers. Last week they were able to access the 3d warehouse and download. Today no one, including me, were able to download from the warehouse. Help Please!

The 3D Warehouse supports the latest three versions of SketchUp. End of support for SU2018 and SU2017 was announced several months ago and ended in the last week or so. This end of support was delayed a year for SU2017.

It is possible to get components by using the Components panel instead of the 3D Warehouse interface. Alternatively they can go to the 3D Warehouse via their Internet browser, download the Collada file, and import the included .dae file into SketchUp.

OMG Dave!! You are a life saver!! Thanks! It worked!
One more question - The 3D warehouse via the browser is on edu.sketchup?

Glad that helped.

I’m not sure what you are asking, though. The 3D Warehouse is accessed in an internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.) via https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/

Perfect! that is what i was asking for. My class literally just screamed "Thanks Dave!!! "

Good deal.

Scream back at them “You’re welcome!!!” :crazy_face:

HELP!! does nothing in this thread apply anymore? When we try and use the 3D it says internet connection failed.

Providing training on the Make version is against the license. After all, it is a commercial activity. You as a trainer should have the commercial version, unless you teach for free :wink:

Are your students trying to access the Warehouse via an internet browser?

Hi Dave!!! I wanted them to use the 3D warehouse with Sketchup Make but i couldn’t get it to work as we did last school year. I will just have them import their files to Sketchup for School and use the 3D warehouse through there. Thanks for always trying help us!

As I wrote back in September of 2021 in my first reply the 3D Warehouse doesn’t support SketchUp 2018 or earlier. The 3D Warehouse UI in 2017 doesn’t work anymore and didn’t work a year ago. The alternative is what I described then.

Yes, the alternative you gave last year worked for us last year. I tried it again this year and It didn’t work so i was searching for other options.

If your students can’t access the 3D Warehouse in their browsers I would be talking to your school’s IT department. The Warehouse is available according to the status site.

I am seeing the Internet issue in 2017 and 2018 at the moment. Not sure why it’s happening.

I’m using SketchUp Make v17.2.2555 on my Win10 x64 PC. Following the above instructions I downloaded concrete+wall.zip, extracted the files. In SketchUp I selected File > Import > supplied R:\Libraries\WoodWork\Sketchup\SketchUp Models\Concrete\concrete+wall\model.dae as the source. It starts to import and then I get “Import Failed”.

I also downloaded T1-11+1_2_.zip, extracted the file, tried the import, it also failed.

I also tried moving the extracted files up one folder level, it still failed to import. I’m lost, suggestions would be appreciated.

Did I do something wrong?

I’m heading to bed right now, but if you can give the 3D Warehouse links for the models you tried, I will see what problems I run into.

I think this is what you want, if not I will try again.
Search for t-111 siding | 3D Warehouse >>> I searched for t-111 siding

Search for concrete | 3D Warehouse >> I searched for concrete

Using 2017.
I am accessing the web address you suggested, and logged in. When trying to download any 3D item, 2017 is not one of the options to choose. Tried to use 2018, but of course, not able to open the file in 2017. There is as you say nothing in the in-program warehouse, and when going to “windows” meny, there are nothing to click on to enter any werehouse as sombode else said in a different thread.
So what to do?

The 3D Warehouse hasn’t supported SketchUp 2017 for several years. Go to the Warehouse in your browser and download the Collada version of the desired component. Unzip the file and import the included .dae file into SketchUp.

Autocorrect? (.DAE)

2 Likes