3D warehouse on Sketchup make 2017

Yep. Fixed. Thanks.

TY Dave. I downloaded the Collada version, but it comes up in explorer as a movie file. At least the icon is VLC media player that I have installed. I tried to use “open with Windows Explorer” and it came up with one folder containing “Materials” (JPEG) and on file called “model.dae” (DAE file) No zip-file as far as I can see. And trying to import into Sketchup, choosing DAE in the search, no file is shown.
Really appreciate your further assistance.

It should be downloading with .zip as the file extension. Inside it there’ll be the .dae file and a folder for materials. Extract both of those out to the same place (maybe the desktop or maybe a new folder) and then import the .dae into SketchUp.

Sounds to me as if you’ve got something set up on your computer inorrectly associating .zip files with the media player.

Screenshot - 1_7_2023 , 8_02_38 AM

Screenshot - 1_7_2023 , 8_03_00 AM

Screenshot - 1_7_2023 , 8_03_24 AM

Thank you Dave. That worked. When downloading, it looks like this:
That is why it comes up with VLC icin I guess.
But I opened with Explorer, and just copied the DAE file and the Model folder to the same new folder

Yes. It appears you need to correct the file association for .zip files. Makes me wonder what other file types are incorrectly associated on your computer.

2 Likes

first time this has happened. The PC works fine. LOL TY again

1 Like

I think that .Dave extensions should be a standard thing in SketchUp.

In the import options for Collada, make sure to choose Merge Coplanar. That will clean up the import a lot.

1 Like

3d wharehouse is no longer working for me with Sketchup Make 2017. You can still search in 3dwharehouse in the components window but it says file not found or invaild then an error occured when connecting to the 3dwharehouse when you try to import Even if you download the collada file in the web browser it says import failed. Any solution for this?

It hasn’t supported SketchUp 2017 for years.

The final step of not supporting it came at the end of last year.

What component are you trying to download? What browser? I just tryied downloading Collada files for a few different components and they all downloaded just fine.

The searching in the Components panel will show errors if you were not signed in at the time. Trying being signed in, then components should download ok.

Can you show an example Collada file that fails to import?

I found a workaround: I used the " Eneroth Open Newer Version" extension.
https://extensions.sketchup.com/extension/39811dd4-8f44-4aed-bd20-c83f196c55b1/eneroth-open-newer-version