3D Model Viewer Like 3D Warehouse

I would like to be able to present my models on a web page in a method like viewing models in the 3D warehouse when you click on the “View in 3D” link. I want to supply a list of my models and when the viewer clicks on the model they want to view the model will be presented like it is in the 3D Warehouse in a frame and below/beside the model will be another section of the page that will allow me to have detailed information/description of the model.

IMO, this could be a neat tool for a company to share information about their products with customers/potential customers.

There are ways to embed a glb file into a web page. You can export to glb from SketchUp 2023 with this extension:

https://extensions.sketchup.com/extension/052071e5-6c19-4f02-a7e8-fcfcc28a2fd8/gl-tf-export

It would be cool to have the 3d view with controls embedded and active on your webpage. Currently you can embed a model in your webpage that then can be viewed in 3D with a click of the mouse at the bottom left.

colinSketchUp Team

1h

There are ways to embed a glb file into a web page. You can export to glb from SketchUp 2023 with this extension:

https://extensions.sketchup.com/extension/052071e5-6c19-4f02-a7e8-fcfcc28a2fd8/gl-tf-export

I have already created .glb files but when I try to present them, if you do not have three.js installed, you can view the model but you can not rotate, pan or zoom the model.

endlessfix
Learned One

34m

It would be cool to have the 3d view with controls embedded and active on your webpage. Currently you can embed a model in your webpage that then can be viewed in 3D with a click of the mouse at the bottom left.

3dwarehouse.sketchup.com

3D Warehouse

3D Warehouse is a website of searchable, pre-made 3D models that works seamlessly with SketchUp.
I do not want to post my models in the 3D Warehouse, I just want to be able to present them on a web page like the view you get on the 3D Warehouse.

Blockquote

I did this for a bit using SketchFab. Could share, embed, etc.

OK, I have a web page that will give you an example of what I am doing. As you will see in the image below, I have 2 iframes:

• iframe_a is an html document that provides links to the models I want the share with the page viewers

• iframe_b is an html document that provides a link to model that the viewer clicked on in iframe_a and a scrollable div that contains the information about the model.

The image below shows the code that is used for each of the iframes. I had to use iframes so that i could dynamically supply the file to show in iframe_a and the iframe that displays the model in the document used to file iframe_b of the original page.

Hope all of this makes sense to everyone. In a the current version I have used sketchup files from Trimble Connect. In a future version I plan to exactly the same kind of thing only using glb files instead of Trimble Connect files. Currently I can make the glb files show up but they are not interactive because i need three.js so that the models are 3D viewable.

It is my plan to use code similar to what I posted in the previous message to display my .glb models. However, I think it will require that I have three.js installed for them to be viewed in 3D. I am still learning about three.js and whether it can be installed on my laptop (which is the only place I am doing any of this because I do not have access to a web server) unless someone can give me another suggestion.

Currently when I include an .glb file on a web page on my laptop the model is displayed but it is not in a 3D mode so I cannot rotate, zoom or pan the model on my web page. Again, if someone can point me in a better direction I am completely open to it. My challenge is viewing the glb file in 3D mode. I alreay have the glb file created.