2021 SketchUp Pro activation via activation_info on MacOS

Hi
Do anyone know how to activate SketchUp Pro 2021 on MacOS?

I’ve created the activation_info.txt file and it works on Windows but I can’t get it to work on MacOS.

I’ve tried both /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021 location and ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021 location and neither is working

In the welcome screen click on the add classic license link at the bottom. As you go to add the license the activation_info.txt will be read in, there won’t be a need to paste or type anything. It will be looked for in /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021

I can’t seems to get pass the Welcome screen. The Classic License is blank.

I don’t have the option to click on Add license. It’s missing.

Your profile indicates that you have a subscription. They need an email sign in by the enduser.

I noticed that in some versions the add classic license doesn’t show, but an Already Purchased option does. I will point that out to the help center person, because the article only mentions clicking on add classic license. Look to see if you have an already purchased link.

Mike, the talk about activation_info.txt strongly implies that it-stcc is getting a Network license going for users.

in v2018/2019 this could be caused by the faulty SU online check, v2021 shouldn’t be affected by this:

I’ve got the same problem here. Windows computers work fine with the activation_info.txt-file, just like previous years.
macOS-computers however won’t read the activation_info.txt-file. The Classic License window appears, but the lines are white/empty. When I click “Add License”, the lines stay empty and a red outline appears.

When I open the /Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021 folder, before opening SketchUp for the first time, the activation_info.txt is present. After starting SketchUp additional files and folders are created here, but the activation_info.txt stays in place. I don’t know for sure, but I seem to remember the activation_info.txt should automatically be removed after it was processed by SketchUp.

Rights on files and folders haven’t been altered since previous versions. Activation with the file doesn’t work on both freshly installed systems, as on systems that have successfully worked with previous versions of SU.

Short version: help!

Are you sure it is the main library? It shouldn’t create additional files in that folder. Only extensions that use a pkg or dmg write stuff in that folder, the SketchUp.lic file would be placed in the user library:
~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp.lic

Make sure it is plain text, btw:

{“serial_number”:“YOUR SERIAL NUMBER”, “auth_code”:“YOUR AUTHORIZATION CODE”, “allow_reactivation”:true}

Oh sorry, I mixed up some information there.

The activation_info.txt is in the main library, even filled it again with the information you provided. The file is 100% sure plain text.
The files and folders are indeed created in the user’s library.

But unfortunately SketchUp won’t read/use the license information provided. When I use the information from this file, SketchUp will activate successfully. So the provided information is working fine…

Does the accountname correspond with the usernames? (System Preferences > Users > Advanced options)
I have seen this when admins changed the homefolder.

This is the instruction that I’ve given my students. It works provided that they do this before opening SketchUp for the very first time.

1. Go to Finder
  2. Click on Go and then select Go to folder
  3. Type in /Library/Application Support/ and click on Go
  4. Right click and select New Folder
  5. Rename it to SketchUp 2021 It’s case sensitive.
  6. Copy the activation_info.txt file to this folder
  7. Launch SketchUp . It will verify license.

So your users have admin rights?
It’s easy enough to copy that license info as well. You’ll be running out of activations before you know it :grinning:
On my machine, if I place the file in the main Library, it just works for other accounts.

I tried that but it didn’t work for me. Our users are all admin on their own Macs