Recently there was a request by @kevin58 :
However, more or less I solved that by offering my MATRIX extension, but after I while I thought:
- Beside the MATRIX, is full with features, the UI could be over-complicated for most of the daily usage… stripped down version can be useful.
- ‘Eneroth Scene Visibility’ really have a brilliantly simple UI, but lacks of some feature (see above).
- Most importantly: I started to watch with my friends the Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One, and - since it is the 3rd time for me - I decided to take the mission too: Can I make the code during the film…?
You can already predict the result:
Scene Visibility, © Dezmo
Set Drawingelemnts visibility on all scenes: ComponentInstance, Group, Image (at all nested level); ConstructionLine, ConstructionPoint, Edge, Face, Dimension… (at root level).
SketchUp 2020.1 or later required.
Dezmo_scene_visibility.rbz (63.6 KB)
You will get 7 menu items as well as the corresponding toolbar. (You can resize the toolbar to horizontal… and there is a bug in SU2023, where the separators I created in Ruby is ignored.)
You need to create at least 2 scenes and select any or many Drawingelemnts then the first 4 menus/icons will be enabled.
I guess most of the functions are self explained by their description you see on a tool-tip and a status bar at the bottom, when you hover over your mouse cursor.
The main feature is to set visiblities of selected items by one click on all scenes.
The 5th menu/icon is a toggle to enable or disable to set the visibility of locked group/component.
The 6th menu/icon will be enabled if at least one of the Scene Properties to save - which are relevant to this extension - namely Top-Level Hidden Geometry and Hidden Objects is not set. In this case you can set it on all Scenes with one click. (You know, otherwise make no sense to change all Visibilities it if these are not stored… )
The last icon you can ignore, does not make obligation for you, especially make no obligation for me…
- It wasn’t tested intensively enough, but should work. Use only at your own risk.
- Tested only on Windows 11, mainly at SU2023, for 10 minutes in SU2020,2021,2022.
- The Visibility and properties changes made by this extension does not recorded to Undo stack. The undo does not work for this properties. It is how SketchUp handling it. (Eneroth Scene Visibility does the same)
- Sorry about the icons, that is what man can do within ~half an hour…
PS: The Part two of Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning will come… so you have a good chance to get a revision of this extension if you find a bug.