Working from Home (Quarantine Times)

Do you use the lighter fluid to sanitize your keyboard?

3 Likes

Sorry it was an old picture and a bad example, i take a new one and reload…

6 Likes

Boy am I behind having fun with you folks. Just catching up to this thread. When it’s not cloudy its this view and this (cluttered station)

And no, I don’t get much work done, especially when the humming birds are fighting over the fast food.

14 Likes

I’ve always wondered about a second display with the iMac. My last desktop machine was a PowerMac 8100 from 1995. Nothing but PowerBooks and MacBook Pro’s with a second display since then.

I see that multiple monitor setups are so popular in fact, I wonder if we can press for the validity of better multi-monitor support in feature requests. In particular, I want to be able to save multiple different setups for window and tool palette placements that can be called back with the use of a workspace manager much like the scene manager works. When I’m home, I have multiple monitors, but when I rush out the door with the laptop to go to a client, I have to spend time managing a totally different setup with the one internal display.

3 Likes

First time I have worked from home so this is all new to me BUT I think I can get into this. Trying to choke my Surface Book 2 13" with i7 and 16gigs of RAM…it’s slowing it down but not choking it. Can’t wait for the 32 gig version that will hopefully come later this year.

Weird times my friends…weird times…

8 Likes

I used to have a dual external monitor set-up: an old 20" paired with a 24" — both Dells. I traded up to a single Dell 34" ultra-widescreen monitor — which was actually an increase in total screen real-estate, and without any centre bezels to contend with.

For either case I concur: it would be great to have a workspace manager for multiple setups, depending whether your at home or on the go.

I’m also surprised to see that @eneroth3 doesn’t use any external monitor… I would have thought with as much time as she obviously spends in SU that she’d want more screen space.

But then again, she has much younger eyes than I do!

1 Like

I certainly agree with your “Others you don’t leave alone for a few seconds”, this gal can destroy a door casing, sever a USB cable or pull the keys off a keyboard in that time.

14 Likes

This is my homeoffice - I always work from home and I love it - though the quarantine makes feel a little bit tighter! Take care out there

11 Likes

Some very nice spaces to work in out there! Mine feels somewhat lacking!
I work from the business office normally so I have set up temporary shop in the top room at home.
These old stone built terraced houses tend to have many windows at low level but I am somewhat limited to two skylights up here.
With just a plain wall to look at so far.

A work in progress! I will update if things improve :laughing:

9 Likes

The office and the staff.image image

11 Likes

Having a kid who’s discovered how to sit on the side of a wall has to be extra inspiring. Learning how to dance on the ceiling can’t be too far off, now…

1 Like

Working from home. Kids being super helpful. Though they like being on kindles until they are not : )

9 Likes

Can’t it see in the photo but the Waitemata harbour is where those trees are.
I admit I did tidy up for the first time in ages!

10 Likes

At least it’s not laying in front of the keyboard as mine usually does.

1 Like

I work from home quite often usually, so I’m rather used to it. Here’s my setup

(No cleaning happened…) (the thing under the burgundy cover is my sewing machine… I designed the sewing pattern for that cover in layout before I made it…)

Then there’s my hubby who is a lot less used to working from home and is trying out his new sit/stand adjustable work table…

16 Likes

My Studio is in the floor plane of my house, so I ever work from home!
This is my desk set up.

Postazione Carlo

And this is all the open space of My studio.

679da0ed-2895-461c-8a60-3ae6a04be7c1_rw_1920

8 Likes

Little chaos.

8 Likes

wow that is a nice looking space

Jumping on this bandwagon, although I was already living in a state of quarantine so everything feels pretty unchanged :sweat_smile:

I live in an RV with the windows boarded up for insulation so it’s usually dark/depressing, but I guess it doesn’t really matter if your screen is big enough.
If I did decide to open a window at least the view would be nice.

6 Likes