I’m adding a TL;DR summary. If I misquote you or miss something, please reply below or PM me and I’ll try to adjust to capture your wish more accurately.
Wish Summary for Basecamp September 2020 in Vancouver:
- Student Pricing
- Softer Music Volume at Party and Keynote to facilitate conversations
- Breakout Sessions by the pins/profession
- Icons of the Pins on Breakfast Tables
- Forum names on badges or some way to add it
- Limit attendance growth to keep atmosphere inviting
- Forum name prominent on badges
- Given name prominent on badges
- Forum link on last slide (QR Code?) to facilitate further discussion
- Sketchup “Personality” and skill level test to help attendees pick appropriate sessions and help schedulers and curriculum developers make decisions
- Insulated coffee/adult beverage cups as swag
- Only have sessions that teach practical skills (i.e. no “let me share my portfolio” sessions)
- Introduce sages and SU team at the opening session
- Forum Lounge near Knowledge Cafe, or some area of the Knowledge Cafe
- Drop the Basecamp App and use the forum instead
- 4D SketchUp model of the venue to help attendees plan what to attend and how to get there
- Volunteer forum promoters in designated forum promotion area
Palm Springs was a fantastic Basecamp, and such a polished event! It really set a high bar for the next one in Vancouver BC. I’m sure there is plenty of feedback from the classes, but for general feedback, I thought I might start this thread?
My main request, since the size of Basecamp is growing as well as the ticket cost, is for student pricing. I’ve wanted to bring my children, who’ve been Sketchup users since they were 8. They will be 17 at the next one, and I would love for them to be able to attend. Even if the pricing was only for those with .edu email accounts, that would be fantastic.