Windows 11 support

If your laptop has a Nvidia card, Nvidia has released its Win 11 drivers a week ago.

Perhaps you missed the announcement (in NOV 2017) ?

Trimble only provides technical support for the 3 latest major releases.
And minor releases are only done for the current major release.

Not sure of your response, but as to the web version of SketchUp, yes I agree its a good program, but and a BIG but, I do not have the internet connected to my nether regions like alot of people do, There are many times I use my laptop while at the park, in the woods just relaxing, or in the car while we take trips, so the internet version of anything is not always progress, sometimes progress is made while the power is out and I can still use SketchUp for upto 12 hours without power or the net then upload my creations to 3Dwarehouse, or check the forums.

I think Dan’s point is that SketchUp 2017 Make hasn’t had and attention since 2017 and will not get any updating in the future. If it quits working due to changes in the operating system it quits working. The SketchUp team won’t be doing anything to update it.

1 Like

As a household we still play video games going back to the nintendo right up to the PS5, every game e play has its merit even today, same goes for computer programs, we have office 365 subscription but still use other programs going back 20 years that still work under windows. So if something does not get an update, it does not make it useless, if it still does what you need it to do. SketchUp Make fits into this catagory for us, works for what I want it to do, and plugins that support it, make it do some things easier. I don’t knock new programs, I embrace them, but sometimes, what works, works, next you’ll want to buy new things just because its new, thats pointless. You get something new if its better then the old one, or it makes thing easier.

Yep. Keep using them as long as they continue to work.

I have SketchUp 3.1 installed on this computer and it still works just fine. there’ll come a time that it won’t I expect but that’s OK.

I guess we’ve gotren far off topic, but it’s been fun.
As to Windows 11, its still in beta, and getting better, atleast I see that in each release, even backwards compatibility gets better with some programs, it’ s just wait and see. But Win 11 has many improvements and I love it. Also SketchUp rulez in any version including the web one, if I could afford it, I would get Pro as it would save some steps especially trim solids, but Make works for me now, as I do not use for anything but personal use and learning fun.

You should look at BoolTools 2 from Mindsight Studios. Better than the native Solid Tools and it works in SU 2017 Make.

Our IT company is trying to upgrade all our computers to Win 11. Some employees are resiting…lol. So far, everyone that has upgraded has had sign in issues and Bug Splat issues. We are using SU Pro 2022. The sign in issue was easily resolved but the crashing is when we double click on a scene name.