Will my saved SU2017 items be accessible with new program if I purchase the SketchUp SHOP or SketchUp PRO 2018 license?

Hello there,
NEED HELP SAVING ALL MY WORK FROM SU FREE!! A few years ago I started using the SU Free 2017 program, and now it only works through web browser which means I may have to upgrade to the SU Shop or SU Pro version. With free version I never purchased license etc…
Is there a way to transfer my saved work from the SU FREE to the SU SHOP or PRO if I decide to purchase license?
I am worried that if this is a completely new program my saved items in FREE version wont be accessible? Does anyone know?
Thank you any experience and advice appreciated,
Stan

do you mean free SketchUp Make 2017 (Desktop) or SketchUp Free (Browser)?

SketchUp Make 2017 (Desktop) free for non-commercial purposes is still available from here.

Alll SKP file formats (desktop) are forward compatibel, i.e. can be opened in every newer SketchUp version. Additionally, you can save to an older format by doing a “File > Save as…” (desktop).

Hey SketchUp3D_de,

Thank you for the reply and that advice. I am referring to SU Make 2017 for desktop. I originally started using a couple years ago back when it was owned by Google and was using SketchUp Free (2016-2017), now I believe it is called SketchUp Make 2017, this is where I am attempting to open my old files from. I have tried re-installing BOTH version SU Make for desktop and SU Free in browser and neither on is downloading or functioning to open my saved previous project.
Recently I got a pop up saying my free trial of SU Free had ended and thats when this journey began. Right now I am having a lot of issues. To start with, when I try to open up a saved SU 2016 or 2017 file from desktop pop up window says" This file was created in a newer version of SU. You have version 8.0.16846, you need version 16.0.19912. Please go to SU.com for latest version" However then when I attempt to download the latest version (2018 Sketch up Make) the install gets stuck on "Installing visual C++ “14” for an hour and never finishes!
Also, if I just click to open my saved SU project from task bar a different pop up comes saying “The code execution cannot proceed bc mfc140.dll was not found. Try reinstalling program.”

Unfortunately for me, Im rather a novice user. I don’t really know what any of these things mean and I simply need to be able to open my project back up to see details and measurements, but barely even to actually change or use it, mostly just view it functionally.

Any advice is much appreciated, I have reached a road block and not sure how to make it download or open on browser to view my project.

Please help,
Mahalo from Hawaii,
Stan