Why aren't my lines connecting?

hardware: iMax. (I am also having this issue with my W10 setup.)
graphics: Radeon 570 4GB
SketchUp Pro

I have been having a lot of issues getting lines to connect and faces to close lately. This is a relatively new issue. I have never had this many issues with being co-planar prior in the past.

Have there been changes to any of the display settings or anything else in the last 2 releases that have changed something?

NEW.skp (7.4 MB)

Suggestion: Disable “length snapping”

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

I disabled length snapping. It didn’t help.

If you go into styles and edit the edges to show endpoints, then zoom in close, I think you’ll see the problem.

You probably know this, but make sure the inferencing system is indicating you’re on endpoints when you are closing a face. Close but not connect is not actually that easy to do so I’m curious what you’re doing to make this happen.

I am also seeing the ~ sign for all the measurements. Out of coplanar but close enough to connect some edges?

I don’t see any edge issues, other than there are a lot of them due to small line segments.

Yes, I’m curious too since this is a new issue for me.

Well, there are some. And to repeat, it’s not so much that they are there but how they got there.
Has there been any intersecting with geometry that’s not in the model now?

edges

and

Yes, there was previous geometry on top of it, although this was in it’s own group.

Why the 1/16" gap, and why can’t I see it?

That group with the dashed lines contains edges (dashed) that are not untagged. This may have been a factor. You could draw your setback lines, group them and tag that group with dashes.
I don’t know that this caused your problem(s) but it’s probably worth correcting.

Thanks for the help.

Bonjour
Pour de la géométrie plane essayez de dessiner en camera parallèle et non en caméra perspective.
Ca évite beaucoup de décalage de hauteur de ligne.
Du moins c’est mon expérience…

SketchUp also has its tolerance in forming faces when it comes to seemingly coplanar faces.
See next scteenshot in which I will exagerate the differences in Z positions of all the endpoints of edges and curves. (vertical scaling factor 1000)

As you can see there are differences in Z values between certain endpoints.

Even that doesn’t prove all your curves aren’t coplanar (raised planes and angled planes are coplanar).
But if you measure other endpoints in your model it is unlikely that your contour lines are all in one plane.