White screen when going to (some) scenes in Parallel Projection - Sketchup 22

Thanks Anssi though the alignment of the view then is changed, which means that all the work in Layout is messed up.
I ended up deleting some larger geometry and the problem goes away. Not that I want to delete that geometry

The problem file I had kept its view crops in LayOut, contrary to what I feared. Try it - I wonder if mileages vary.

Thanks Annsi,
Upon further investigation, I have realised my various other attempts to fix the scene was messing up layout.
I confirm turning perspective on then off, and updating the scene fixes the problem. I do note however that even though layout will show the scene at the correct former position, in sketchup the scene may be at a different zoom level than it was before, though still ‘centered’ in the same location.

This is a huge issue for me as well. Whiteout has happened in 90% of my scenes.
Any any active sections turned off in 2022 there were active in 2021.

benarimcdonald -

I totally agree. This is a huge issue and has affected several of my active projects. The work-arounds and script that Colin posted work for one of my projects but not the others.

Doug

Would you like to try the script work around on your file?

Yes that would be great Colin, thank you.
It’s just a bummer I’m on a deadline and have very limited time to trial and error solutions. I’ve already spent a solid day just resetting scenes and viewports and annotations, dims, etc.

Colin, the script seemed to work on ALL of my viewports, thank you!!!
I tried turning scene transitions back on afterward and it seems to work fine. Can you confirm doing that is okay?

Yes, that’s ok. Scene transitions need to be off while the script is running.

1 Like

I’m having this same issue, and use Layout for my CDs, so this is a HUGE problem - will there be a fix soon???

The fix may not be around for a while. I will direct message you with a work around.

I’m having this problem too with all my projects. I’m following 2 posts here, but I see no solution. The only solution for me is revert to Sketchup 2021 where everything still works fine.
I’m bumped that there will be no fix soon. This bug is HUGE and Sketchup 2022 is useless now. I hope it will be fixed very soon. I paid for Sketchup 2022 but I can not use it.

1 Like

This is killing us guys…we have large models with lots of scenes and the re-work this is creating tons of extra work on multiple different projects…

Any progress on this? Yet another project’s sections are not working…every project this happens to takes us hours to reset the scenes and it is definitely related to model extents. On this latest project we inserted an updated orthographic image of the site for a site plan drawing and now the Section scenes are messed up. Due to the larger model extents, we can’t simply go to perspective and then back to parallel projection as the model has moved which will screws up all of our Layout scenes.

This is a big, big problem. We’re stuck using V2021 and we’re paying subscription fees for five seats in our office.

1 Like

I tested this, and in my model the view and crop in LayOut was preserved.

I have started an internal discussion to talk about a few ways to help with this problem. One way is for me to show the work around to everyone, which will save me some time messaging individual people. There are other solutions that could be done, but that are not things I can do on my own.

I did go ahead and do the one I can do on my own. See if what I’ve said here helps:

Hi,

We are experiencing issues as mentioned by others above, having updated from 2021 to 2022 our scenes have become unusable. Leaving only the background visible, slight rotation of the camera or changing away from the Parallel Projection brings the model back. This would require us to remake and go back through scenes and redo work on every project to allow them to become usable again - this will take too much work and time to complete.

Look forward to hearing a solution soon!

It’s buried away in a thread - but some a clever user has written a script you can run to update an older file affected by this.
That saves you manually having to update each scene

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.