Where is window and palette layout info stored?

Where does SketchUp store the information about where all your palettes are? Each time you launch SU, all your stuff is where you left it last time. On a Mac, it no longer appears to be kept in “com.sketchup.SketchUp.2018.plist”. I use a MacBook Pro. On my desk I have a dual monitor layout with a desktop monitor, and on the road I have just the internal display. My palette layout is different for each workspace. I used to swap them back and forth with the plist file, but that doesn’t seem to work. (I’ve done the same for PowerCADD for years, and another user once wrote a utility to automate the process, but it kept breaking with OS upgrades) The process isn’t fun, but what I really want is a convenient way to store and retrieve workspace settings. It really is a bother to recreate from scratch my workspace palette layout every time I take my laptop on the road and back again.

See SketchUp 2018 Release Notes:
/Users//Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/SharedPreferences.json
/Users//Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/SketchUp/PrivatePreferences.json

1 Like

Aha! Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.