Sketchup 2018 Tool Palette - WON'T SAVE SETTINGS:

Hi there, I’ve just purchased Sketchup 2018 pro, been a pro user of 2016 since it came out.

Anyways I’m dealing with the frustration of trying to get my tool palette, not tool tray, to save. I want my tool palette location of where I place all my tool bars the way I’d like them, to save. They will not.

I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled as an admin and it still doesn’t work.

I paid how much for 2018 update fee and I can’t even get my tool palette to save? I feel like I’m missing something, shouldn’t be this hard.

Toolbar settings are saved in PrivatePreferences.json, located at ~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp/SketchUp 2018

It should save settings upon closing SketchUp. You can check by date/timestamp if it does.

If not, something might be wrong with the write permissions

Hi Mike! I’m having troubles too, but I can’t find the library folder you’re pointing us to, could you be more precise please? Thanks in advance!

Mike is referring to MacOS. Under Windows, these files are located under your local Appdata folder. It is a hidden folder. The quickest way to get there is to open the Start menu and type %appdata% .

1 Like