Where did they go? items not visible unless selected

I’m new to Sketchup and I’m doing a simple top view floor plan for class. I’ve had random items disappear - a few components of my pocket doors and refrigerator are visible, and the washer and dryer are completely gone. I can select and see these items and I know they’re still there, but they disappear when not selected. I loaded FlatText from the extension warehouse and this happened afterwards, but I have no idea if they’re related, or if I just checked a wrong box somewhere. The Entity Info does not show these as hidden. Please help :slight_smile:

add your .skp file, but I suspect they are under the floor…

john

Don’t laugh – I’ve only been working in top view. I think I loaded the file…

drag n drop is usually successful…

but as a new member you may need a couple more post…

do you see the if you rotate the view in Perspective mode…

jon

I can see them somewhat, but once I go top view, they pretty much disappear

It would be nice to see the actual .skp file but it appears you have a style selected with edges not displayed. Objects painted the same color as the background won’t show, then. Probably editing the style to show edges will fix it but that’s only a guess based on the limited info you’ve provided.

I tried uploading file again, with drag and drop this time. It give me the percentage uploaded and a checkmark, no error messages, yet it doesn’t seem to be uploading. Frustrating.

Probably the file size is too large. Upload it to Drop Box and share the link.

I just messed around with the styles and I think that’s it! Changed it back to default and I should be able to find one that will work to show everything. Thank you so much for helping me with such a basic problem. I want to get this assignment finished so I can take full tutorials on Sketchup - it’s a great program. Thanks again!