When using Match Photo, textures and color don't appear

When using SketchUp’s Match Photo function, the model’s colors and textures do not appear. Instead, they are replaced by the default green ground color and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to make the colors and textures appear. I know they’re there because when I leave the Photo Match function they appear again. I’ve literally spent hours going through online forums and tutorials trying to figure this out to the point where I’m quite familiar with the Styles dialog and the various functions contained therein. For e.g. when I select and update the face style “Shaded with Textures” it does not seem to do anything although the other face styles (wireframe, x-ray for example) show up no problem. Obviously there’s something I’m missing here. Any help would be deeply appreciated

Have a look at the Styles docker - Edit tab - Modeling button; there are a couple of sliders for foreground and background opacity.

Also note that the photo-matched photo will vanish as soon as you rotate away from that scene*: r-click on an object within the scene and “Project Photo” to map the photo onto the faces. (click on the scene tab to rotate the model back to the correct position)

(* you can pan and zoom, but any rotation will move away from that specific viewpoint, so the photo is no longer applicable.)

Thank you so much! I’ve actually been playing with the background and foreground photo sliders to no effect then your response made me revisit that aspect and I realized the foreground opacity slider has to be unchecked and not just put to 0 which is what I was doing before.
thanks for saving me more hours of fruitless searching