When creating a model sizes change

Looks like you finally figured out how to get it uploaded here. I do see the large dimensions. Clearly there’s something wrong in your work flow to end up with these kind of numbers.

Are you clicking in the measurements window before entering the dimensions? If so, don’t. There is never any reason to click in the Measurements winodw. If it’s ready to accept numbers from you, you just type.

Are you maybe using the number keypad on an extended keyboard? Maybe NumLock is turned off. we’ve seen that before.

The style you are using is making it difficult to see some things.
There are 3 2" squares in the model that are not immediately obvious. Perhaps these are related to your problem.

1 Like

They are probably were the problem. The one I sent you was from an earlier page that I was working on and deleted but I obviously didn’t catch all the boxes, it may have been because they were much farther back and I couldn’t see them. Two of them are in a relative position from the previous work. The smaller one was done at the same time but it didn’t get caught in the general delete because of it’s size. Well here we go again to see if it works any better. I have my fingers crossed .

By the way I managed to get the file to you by using my Mac in a different way. That was a lot easier. I just didn’t think of it at the time. Only 2. clicks on my Mac and that worked perfectly Thanks for the advice though.

OK with the Numlock being turned off except I never turned it off because I don’t where it is to start …I have worked on that project since our discussion and the numbers seem to holding true. No I don’t add the dimension’s into the measurements window. I always just type them first. Anyway, I am afraid to send the new file for your consideration because even though it seems to working as it should there may stil be something I am not doing correctly.

I am not sure I know what “style” you are talking about but I sure would be interested to hear what you are referring . i use the standard method for creating these forms as described in all my information and the tutorials I have watched.If there is something different I should be doing let me know. I did explain how those smaller boxes showed up .

Sketchup uses a whole collection of settings to customise what you are seeing on your screen, these settings are wrapped up in a container called a Style. You can change styles or change settings within a style. You have chosen a style which is white on white with 0.2pix lines. This makes it hard to see some things and as you can see in this gif, as you zoom out things actually disappear.
GIF 17-05-2022 10-57-02 AM

By changing to a different style you can make things clearer. It is up to you what you use and you can change the settings within each style and update them. I have simply picked a very basic default Style to show you the difference.
Style

2 Likes