I need to generate something that looks roughly like this:
Are there any special tools or plugins that would help me generate this sort of thing more easily? I will need to 3D print it so presumably it will need to be ‘Solid’ when I finish.
- First I tried using extrusions of circle down paths…
- Then I tried using the Follow Me tool to remove volume off a square cross section (see below). But both methods are extremely painful, because Sketchup it keeps going wrong in many different ways…
- gaps in the surface,
- surface randomly need to be Reversed,
- new surface is out of position
- various error message about the path - (yes, even when the path it’s following is derived from a very simple circle).
What I am trying to do is conceptually quite simple!
a) most of the thing needs to be rounded (to the same radius)
b) I need corners in the overall Silhouette/outline of to match given radiuses (radii).
There must be an easier way!