Wall/Design (personal interest)

I know how to import my own design for wallpapers but I cant find out how to make it show up as 1 big wallpaper instead of in many cubes of the image on the wall please reply my messaging me at -EMAIL REMOVED-

Sounds like you need to make a texture image of your wallpaper pattern. If you’ve imported it as an image, explode the image to make it a texture. The pattern needs to be created so it will repeat seamlessly. You could share the image file you are working with so we can see what you have and offer some help.

By the way, it’s not a good idea to put your e-mail address in a public post on the forum. It actually goes against forum guidelines.

How do I share it with you?

Drag and drop the image file into a reply here.

Ok. sorry it took so long for me to reply i only use sketchup when i am in school

HOUSE!.skp (10.3 MB)

The first thing you should do is model the building at real world dimensions. You currently have it more than 3 miles wide. Also get in the habit of keeping face orientation corrected. There should be no exposed blue back faces in the 3D model.

Then when you import the image as a texture, size it appropriately. If you don’t want it to repeat, the image has to be as large or larger than the face you apply it.

can you do those edits for me real quick?

how does it look now?

Sorry. I don’t have time right now to do that. And I guess this is your school work so I wouldn’t be able to do your work for you.

How does what look now?

I made it smaller. (the main thing I need to know is how to make the wallpaper one big picture instead of
many different squares.)(this isn’t assigned work I am just making a simple house in my E.A.S.T class to help me get better.

HOUSE!.skp (12.1 MB)

Oh Never mind I did what you told me to do earlier with making it a texture THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP YOUR THE ONLY PERSON I WAS ABLE TO HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS! :slight_smile:

1 Like