Version 2023 templates

Hi all, new here and to SketchUp so apologies upfront for ignorance. I purchased a set of architectural templates from our local distributor in Australia and was given version 2020 layout files. After much googling and reading, i can’t seem to work out how to make them templates visible in the latest version of SketchUp 2023. I use a mac and need some help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You can open th files you received in LO 2023 and then use File>Save as Template and save them to your templates collection for later use.

You go to menu Edit > Preferences > Folder, at Templates session, add Folder path of your folder template. Then you can access them from “My templates” when open a new file.

This helps you save multi files as template once and not only you but also your co-worker can use the same template files if they are stored in a network or cloud. Someone may edit templates, then every one has the same file without copy or save as template per file again.

you cannot edit the template path in 2023… one more thing to fix :slight_smile:

You don’t need edit the template path, just delete the old path then add new one.

you’re suggesting that deleting the template path will cause the edit button to become active?
Clipboard01

You’re looking at SketchUp’s Preferences. The discussion is about LayOut’s Templates folder.
Screenshot - 3_4_2023 , 4_55_50 PM

1 Like

“… i can’t seem to work out how to make them templates visible in the latest version of SketchUp 2023 …”

i thought i missed that.

1 Like