Verifying App on MAc Big Sur

Every time I open Sketchup I get a ‘verifying app’ message fom MAC OS Big Sur. There is a progress bar in the message and it takes a very long time for Sketchup to open, usually around 4-5 minutes. Every time!
Anyone know what this is about? How to fix?
Thanks

That will happen if you are running SketchUp from the disk image. You need to open the disk image and drag the SketchUp 2021 folder to Applications, so that it copies across. Then eject the disk image, and open SketchUp from inside the Applications folder.

Thanks for the response. I have tried this, but whenever I click sketchup in the applications folder it re-opens the disk image?

If you have any SketchUp icons in the Dock, remove them. Then go into Applications, SketchUp 2021, and open SketchUp from there. The new SketchUp icon that appears in the Dock should be correct.

It occurred to me that you may have dragged the DMG file into Applications. If you have any DMG files in Applications, they shouldn’t be there. At least move the SketchUp DMG back to your Downloads folder.

Open the DMG from the Downloads folder, and when you see this window:

drag the SketchUp 2021 folder on to the Applications alias. That will set it copying to the right place. After the copying is finished you can right-click in an empty part of the window, and choose the Eject option. Then go into Applications to find the SketchUp 2021 folder, and go into that folder to open SketchUp.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.