V-Ray problem - phantom geometries

Please see attached photo -

Rendering (L) and Model (R)

Can someone please explain the phantom geometries?
These are the same shapes as objects which should be cut-off by the section plane and is more than away from those obj.

They look like shadows on the Section Plane but I can’t find anything anywhere about this.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• E

Vray does not know what a section plane is… It will render what is in the model, regardless of section cuts.

2 Likes

This is where a tool called Zorro2 would be handy. It’ll let you cut the model quickly and get what you are trying to show.

Oh cool, that looks super handy. Do you think a work-around would be to slice the model in to scenes and save them into individual files?

I’m not sure what you mean. The Zorro2 plugin actually cuts through the model where you tell it and unlike a section plane, it actually cuts and removes the geometry geometry on one side of the line. This makes it look like a section cut but it will render in Vray or other renderers. If you want to make a number of different views of the same model, save out multiple copies of the SKP file and cut each one where you need to cut it.

Okay, that makes sense to me. I’ll definitely head in that direction. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

If you have Vray 3.4, you can just use Vray Mesh Clipper.

In Vray 3.4, SketchUp “Section plane” works as “Vray Mesh Clipper”.

Man! I gotta spend more time in the new V-Ray!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.