Using Shape Bender

you must be popular at parties popularibus ad partes esse debes

When Dave says "not inside the object " he means “not inside the group or component”, because they are both often called “object”.
When Sturnus says “it can be in the object” he means “it can be physically inside the volume”. Also true, as long as it’s not inside the group / component.

You’re both right, simply not meaning the same thing when you type “object”

No need to throw latin or nitpick though right ?

3 Likes

Arches with Curved Stairs.skp

With your file loaded to Google Drive you need to add access for others to download the file.

i still haven’t figured out how to add others to a google drive attachment

Just drag the .skp file into your reply here.

Arches with Curved Stairs.skb

Sorry. That doesn’t work any better. It’s the backup file but it still requires you to grant access to others to download it.

Visit the forum and drag it into a reply rather than using your email.

Same thing. You still need to provide permission for others to download it. Please just drag the .skp file on your computer into a reply here.

Hopefully this link is accessible

Yes. That works. Hang tight.

So you don’t have the model set up correctly. You’ve moved the axes. Shape Bender requires that the straight component and reference line be drawn parallel to the default red axis.

This is after resetting the axes, rotate the component and the arc so they are aligned with the red axes and draw a new straight references line that is parallel to the default red axis.

sb

By the way, it wouldn’t hurt to clean up your model. I fixed incorrect tag usage…
Screenshot - 12_5_2022 , 7_15_59 PM

…purged unused stuff…

Screenshot - 12_5_2022 , 7_16_16 PM

And resized the excessively large texture images, some of which look like they’d be better replaced with simple colors.

And reduced the file size by 65%.

I saw that and i figure i corrected it i always explode and then make sure the axis is were it should be then group

will give it another try thanks Dave

i use the purge under model info for cleaning the model but i haven’t seen what you used before thanks very much for pointing that out much appreciated unfortunately i am aiming for a great looking render using vray and having great textures is important especially on the walls and wood work it makes a big difference for the renderings

Fixing the incorrectly tagged geometry was done with a plugin from Sketchucation. The purge was done with another plugin from Sketchucation. I used both of them because they give those reports.

That may be but it would be better if you use lower res textures in SketchUp and replace them with hi res images in the render. That will help with the performance.

I am not sure how that would work. Most of the textures come from Poliigon and are upload through the VRay Asset Editor.

I am not aware of any way to separate the textures from
SketchUp. If there is away that would sure speed up my computer.

hi dave i have reset the axis a dozen times moved the rectangle a few times and reset still not working i only see the red axis parallel with the rectangle i have used Shape Bender before and had no problem resetting the axis I tried reinstalling shape bender no luck

Hi Dave

Attached is link to latest saved file.

I reset the axis but still getting the pop up " needs to be on the red line"

I am not seeing the red line not being parrellel with the rectangle i want to bend