Using cut list

Dave,

Sorry again. I’m at the point of cutting the arcs in the top pieces. When I do cut the arc I lose the 3d image of the boards. I saw you were able to cut the arc and not lose it. Can you please advise? Thanks.

Joe

Can you share the file? Most likely the cause is that the arc you’ve drawn doesn’t divide the surface of the board into two faces. This could happen if at least one end of the arc doesn’t intersect the top edge or if the arc is drawn outside of the component so it doesn’t modify the thing at all.

Here’s an example:
In this case the arc is drawn outside of the component. Notice how it is grayed out when the component is open for editing. In this case the arc really has nothing to do with the geometry in the component.

Here the arc is inside the component but its ends don’t intersect the top edge so it isn’t dividing the face into two smaller regions.

Another way this might happen is if the arc doesn’t actually lie on the surface of the “board”. I haven’t illustrated it but if any part of the arc is not in contact with the face and doesn’t iontersect the edge, it won’t divide the face into the two smaller regions.

Here the arc does intersect the top edge so the large face of the board is split into two regions and the top region could be pushed away with Push/Pull.

Just sent from different email address. Thanks

Dave,

Here is the latest skp file.Final Bunk Beds Model.skp (94.2 KB)

Here’s an example of cutting the arc on the top plank. The component needs to opened for editing first.

Note that all of the geometry show selected below is loose. Like those planks at the top front, they should be components, too.