Unknown error when opening model

I finished working with the model, but the model did not want to be saved, I had to save as. The next day the model does not open and gives the error “not provided file format”. The work was very good, so if it is possible to recover the file, please help.obem.skp (7.6 MB)

I get the “Unexpected File Format” message which typically indicates the file is corrupted. In what location have you been saving it? Have you looked to see if there’s a backup file (extension .skb)?

The file is stored on the hard drive. I don’t know if there’s a backup, I didn’t create anything myself, and the file histories on my computer are disabled. If SketchUp creates copies itself, tell me where they can be?

Normally the .skb file would be found in the same directory as the .skp. Did you look there?

Also check out this thread:

1 Like

sorry file .skb is not in the file folder .skp not podskajete, where can be this file still?

Am asking forgive, has found file skb, that with him to do now

Change the file extension to .skp and see if you can open it. I would first make a copy of it and put it in a different location.

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like