Can’t uninstall extensions like AI Assistant, AI Render, Analysis Hub, Add location through extensions manager. They keep coming back after restarting the program. v 26.2.243
Some of them at baked into the base application. There was a discussion of this a while back.
Ok, but I installed AI Render from Extension warehouse that wasn’t baked into the base app.
The original AI Render is included in the Shipped Extensions, though.
… and although many of us wish it was not.
Switching the AI extensions off means that I get a pop-up reminder to update the extensions EVERY time I open SketchUp. Removing the rb files according to other instructions I’ve found online means that SketchUp simply re-downloads them every time I open the app. Is there a way to alter an initialization file so that SketchUp doesn’t do an end run around me every single time?
Just update them to avoid the pop-up window, and keep them disabled. That way, it will only pop up again when there is another update. There is no other workaround for now. That’s what I do, too.
Yeah, I’d love to be able to uninstall them as well.
I wish that the installer allowed us to opt out of both of the AI extensions.
The reason they are bundled is that they are implemented as income generators (i.e., buying extra credits.)
