Unable to Download STL plugin

Thank you ss1. That was well done. I wish I could get it to pause on the “re-direct” message…

Again, well done. DaveR?

DaveR doesn’t work for Trimble.

@Barry, I can confirm both the logon problem and the ability to successfully be logged on and download.

When the sign in icon, down in the status bar, is grayed out, and I go to Window > Extension Warehouse and click on the sign in button, I get:

Another error message also appear at first, but I did not record it.

I can download and install extensions if signed in. After getting the error screen shown above, I can click on the back button. That brings up the Google account sign in page. After signing in, extensions can be installed from inside SU. Also if I first sign in by clicking on the sign in icon in the status bar and doing that sign in process, then I can go to Window > Extension Warehouse and find myself already signed in and able to download and install extensions.

To those people with sign in problems, one person reported a sign in problem with regular web browser in addition to try to sign in from inside SU. Is that happening to everyone with this sign in problem?

Yes for me. i’d like to thank all those trying to help. Thank you.

OK, a little tutorial on signing in: SketchUp has 3 places you can sign in. First, you can click on the little button @catamountain mentioned in the lower left of the SketchUp window. This is for Claiming Credit for a component in your model. Second, you can sign in from the 3dwarehouse window. This is for uploading models, creating collections, Liking models, handling your account info, etc… Third, you can sign in from Extension Warehouse, to download and install and manage your extensions. If you sign in to one of these, you sign into all 3. If you’ve noticed this past week, we upgraded some things, and login is much faster. However, cookies last 3 weeks, so there might be a situation where you have old and new cookies. I think there are enough workarounds here for everyone to work, but we can’t reproduce any issues that people have here. The redirect screens shown above are expected.

@shayaknyc, you can always mail our support group. @ss1, we wont disable login because it’s working for 99.9%+ people. If you’ve cleared all cookies, logged into extension warehouse prior to downloading, or logged in one of the other ways of logging in prior to going to that page, does it work?

1 Like

I’m still having this issue. Windows 10, SketchUp 16 Make 64-bit (installed tonight), STL extension. I’ve tried logging in all three ways and different browsers. Just keeps logging me out and redirecting without ever downloading, installing, or giving me an error message. Suuuuper frustrating.

1 Like

It says it imported successfully but there is no check mark box for it either.

@DaveR I got the same messages you did when I manually installed. But it still doesn’t show in that menu for plugins

I have since tried all three methods of logging in. If I try to login via the extension warehouse it gives me an error as listed above, authentication failure. The other methods keep me logged in up until the point I click the download/install button then it redirects, logs me out and takes me back to the start screen.

Ok, I’ve tried all 3 methods of logging in. I’ve tried with VPN to USA, Europe and Asia. I’ve tried with Internet explorer, Firefox and Sketchup browser. And I cleared cookies before trying. I can log in, but the moment I try to “install” I am thrown out and returned to warehouse home.
It is not a browser issue, it is not a region issue. May be an OS issue, but I’m guessing its a sketchup bug.

@barry - I would love to email support, so I can show them a screen cast I recorded of my experience. There is DEFINITELY an issue with downloading extensions either from browser or in-app. Clearly there are a whole bunch of people experiencing the same exact issue, so you cannot say it doesn’t exist.

I have the same problem. Tried multiple ways to log in and tried different extensions. In the past I never had any issues installing extensions either through the “in-app” extension browser or through chrome.

To interject…

Do you normally use an account that will have admin rights when running Windows, and therefore SketchUp ?

Are your Internet-Explorer Internet Options and Firewall set up to be not too onerous, and allow these kinds of connections ?

When you installed SketchUp did you do so by running its exe installer, by selecting it and then from the context-menu ‘Run as administrator’ ?

It is insufficient that you have admin-rights, you MUST install it as by running it as an admin.

In this case uninstall it and reinstall it using the correct admin settings…

Note: setting SketchUp under Compatibility to ‘always run as admin’ can sidestep this issue… BUT it then stops things like the drag/drop features between Windows-Explorer and SketchUp - Windows-Explorer always runs at the lower permissions-level, so Windows prevents it from then interacting with SketchUp which now has elevated-permissions…

I too have the same problem using Windows 10 and Sketchup Make. Procedure is:
Logged in as Administrator.

1. Log in to Sketchup Extensions Wharehouse at top right of screen
  2. Scroll down to required extension and click on it.
  3. Details of the extension are shown with a “Download” button at top right.
  4. Click on download button results in a long silence, followed by the “Download” Button changing to “Install”.
  5. At this stage a search for “*.rbz” files on the computer yeilds a blank.
  6. Click on the “Install” button results in being redirected to the Extensions Warehouse page, and no installation.

Extremely frustrating and time wasting. At least I am not alone!

Any other thoughts??

Not sure if that was directed at me. But even though admin-rights could affect any in-app extension downloads I would still be able to download the plugins through the browser. I personally think one of the CDN’s is on the fritz as I just got redirected to the french one. Then automatically logged out again and back to the english one.

I can login and download OK (last I tried it) but I frequently end up on the French or Brazil EW home page so you may be onto something there.

Why is this issue being ignored by those who are supposed to be maintaining this? I have not problem with having to log in, etc - but don’t tell us “we can’t reproduce it, so all you 100s of people are imagining it” - that’s absolute and utter nonsense. Please let us know how to get in touch with support DIRECTLY and I’m sure we will GLADLY reach out to get this resolved. Completely irresponsible to say “this is your problem.” Newsflash - if this is everyone else’s problem, soon it’s going to be YOUR problem when nobody wants to use the platform because you guys don’t help.

Uninstalled, Reinstalled with run-as-admin, same problem…

This is where I’d look for where and when the problem started.