Unable to Download STL plugin

Changing the zip to rbz worked for importing. The import window said it was successful but still won’t show up now even after restarting the program though.

Sorry that’s the Import STL option that will not show up.

1 Like

I am having same issue. Mac. Try to download a plugin (1001bit Tools (Freeware)) in extension warehouse and it signs me out and takes me back to the extension warehouse home. Loop repeats. Im new. Any solution as cant use the software at all
Thanks

I am having the same issue as this. Did you ever find a solution?

1 Like

I was able to download the files from that other site mentioned. But then it still won’t work right in the SU. The auto install never did work.

1 Like

Did you check that it is enabled in the Extension list in Preferences?
Do you have a new Menu item under file saying Export STL?

I am having same issue. Windows 7 Sketchup Make 2015. Try to download the Sketchup STL plugin in extension warehouse and it signs me out and takes me back to the extension warehouse home. Loop repeats. Been fighting this for two days now. Even downloaded and installed 2016 version and still the same thing. Getting very frustrating.

1 Like

I am having the same issue. Sign In - Download/Install / Automatic logout. Same loop. I tried Chrome, IE and inside the sketchup. I beleive the problem is with the authentication service between Trimble and Google.

i was having the same problem as everyone else. there is no box to to check in the extension list it doesnt pop up and there is no new menu under file for exporting

I have the same issue.

I can’t offer any help to anyone, but I am also having this problem. The extension I am trying to download is…

http://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/timber-framing-extensions

Cheers

Very strange! I just tried the same one and got it with no difficulty.

Strange, indeed. It works for me, too.

Before doing any thing after the download, find the zip file, right click on it and see if there is an unblock option. If so select that then proceed from there;
Can you check the restore points for you system, if there are some before the time you started having trouble try to restore to that point.

Note just tried and get a redirection screen, then back to the extension warehouse.
Have to leave now for run to airport back soon with more info.

I too am experiencing this. I think the issue is with the website where the authentication cookie isn’t saved or something and then it doesn’t “remember” that you’re logged in so it continues to ask you to keep logging in without downloading or installing any files. They need to get their ■■■■ together on this, and what’s worse, is that there’s nobody to email.

Actually, it totally makes sense that the CDN they use might be having
problems, or even specific regions might be having difficulty across the
path from client to closest PoP.

Is it rude to ask someone to download the rbz files for these extensions?

SketchUp STL
Solid Inspector²

I use win10 64bit, Sketchup 2016

Really sorry to ask, thnx.

Why not just disable the login-wall for these extensions until the issue is resolved?

Can some one tell me what program to use to record what’s happening when we unsuccessfully attempt an install. DaveR’s video shows one side of the story. I’ve tried 3 different recording options and all files are too large to upload. Or, if you know how do record it please do so and post. There is a “re-direct” message that flashes on the screen that may reveal the problem.

I use LICECap for my animated GIFs.