Unable to download from 3D warehouse or use existing colours/renders in paintbucket

Hi

Am new to sketchup and having fun progressing until I hit a major problem. I cannot seem to use the paintbucket unless i create a new colour or texture. Cannot seem to change the default grey and white. I have made sure that the face style is shaded with textures. Also I can import images but cannot download anything through the 3D warehouse directly into my program. I get the message File not found or invalid . I downloaded Sketchup 2017 make for a PC. Please can anyone help? thanks. Elaine

In the Components panel is a 3D Warehouse search field. Try typing in a name for the model you want, then when you see something in the list that will do, click on its thumbnail.

That should immediately place the model as a component in your scene. Doing it that way will also make sure that it’s compatible with 2017.

So not the free web version indicated in your profile?

Make sure that you installed SketchUp correctly. Close SketchUp, find the downloaded installer, right click on it and choose Run as administrator. When presented with the option, choose Repair.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.