Typing "0.5" in Layout pt selection boxes causes a lock-in

Sorry. I thought you were still using 2018.

Clearly there’s something different between our computers, then, because the same software works fine on mine but not on yours.

Indeed. I’ve had 1 complete windows reinstall since I’ve had this PC, and the problem definitely happened before as well as after, so it may be hardware? I’m not sure.

Long shot but maybe check and update graphics drivers directly from Nvidia and make sure SketchUp (and then by default LayOut) is set up to use the Nvidia card.

It was unfortunately as expected with all the versions of drivers I’ve been through over the months; no difference after installing the latest one and set up to use the Nvidia card by default.

I have been able to reproduce this though I am not sure how your files are getting into this state. The issue is caused by your Start Arrow scale set to 0pt. When in this state changing the Stroke to some value then hitting return LayOut does not know what to do with the 0pt value of the Start Arrow thereby locking you into the dialog. I have been able to escape the dialog by giving the Start Arrow a value and either tabbing out or selecting another field.

I will right this up as a bug and investigate a bit further.

This value may be applied to a Scrapbook item you have from years past and when adding it to your current file it brings that 0pt value applied.

Trent

3 Likes

That’s very interesting, thanks for the insight.
I know our scrapbook was started in 2014 and amended many times in between. Maybe it’s time for a completely fresh version.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Interesting. I didn’t notice the 0pt Start Arrow setting. Curious that it doesn’t seem to affect things on my end.

Try this.
Start by reopening the file:

1. Draw a line
  2. Select the line
  3. Enter a value in the Stroke width field, select enter
  4. Navigate your mouse down to the Start arrow scale field and expand the arrow
  5. Now try to navigate back to the Stroke width field (or some other field) unresponsive.
  6. Entering a value in the Stroke width field seems to fix it though you may have to tab
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.