Turn off Validation / Auto Repair in 2021

I am missing the settings dialog for turning the auto check / repair function off in 2021. Has that been moved to some other place / menu? Need to stop the disintegration of my complex models before cleaning up at the very end when the construction is finished…

Fixing files is automatic with SketchUp 2021, it cannot be turned off. You can still get a summary of what was fixed.

This is a nightmare… meaning i will have to switch back to 2020 since u am working with very complex shapes and geometries, shallow intersections on the edge of sketchups resolution… but thanks for letting me know!

But maybe an update could again include the functionality for the non critical aspects of it, with a warning of some kind for compatibility? It is really chewing up geometries…

My colleagues are interested to see any file where the automatic validation causes a problem.

If you turned on the notification, you will see when something was fixed, hopefully notice that it gave you a problem, and then you can Undo. Could you make a test file, and if you see your model be messed up by the validation, send a copy of the currently saved file, and some instructions so that we can repeat the steps that led to something needing to be fixed?

Sure, I’ll prepare some files and screenshots for you to see what happens tomorrow. Thank you for picking this one up!

1 Like

Hi I recently upgraded to 2021 SketchUp and this autofixing DESTROYS my modelds hours and hours of work it undoes EVERY time. I am experiencing a similar thing issue as this user, but never heard how this was brought a across. I would love to explain why the removal of this autocorrect off option is destroying my career in complex 3d printing with SketchUp.

Are you modelling your 3D print models at actual size? If so, the autofixing may be removing short edges in your models.

You can avoid this problem by modelling using metres instead of inches or mm, then exporting to the unitless STL format, then setting your STL import units to inches or mm in your slicer.

Or by using the Dave Method - working in a scaled up copy of your actual size component.

1 Like

Has anyone found any way around this besides rolling back to 2020? This is also a big issue for me and the large models I work on.

What version of SketchUp are you using? Presumably you are using a version of SU2021 since you talk about rolling back to 2020 but your profile says 2018.

Make sure you are using the current version of SU2021. You can disable automatically fixing your models.
Screenshot - 12_6_2021 , 10_16_22 AM

Woops, I just updated it in my profile. I am using 2021, thank you for the quick response!